It’s finally here. The weekend District residents both cheer (drinks, patriotism, friends, holiday weekend) and fear (traffic, tourists, restricted parking). If you can’t make it down to the presidential ceremonies this weekend (or maybe your invitation to the Inaugural Ball got “lost in the mail,”) there are plenty of other ways to celebrate… mainly, in a bar.
Check out what the following bars have planned for Inauguration Weekend:
- Ben’s Next Door¬†(1211¬†U¬†Street NW) will host a series of events to celebrate the inauguration. A Friday kick-off party (January 18) will feature drink specials and a DJ; Saturday (January 19) will focus on service – Ben’s will collect children’s books for donation, starting at 11 am; and Monday will heat-up with an inaugural brunch, starting at 11 am. For more information, visit the website.
- Cafe Saint Ex (1847 14th Street NW) tweeted #fourmorebeers on January 15. Clearly, the local neighborhood spot is gearing up for a boozy weekend. Stop by for a taste of what’s on tap, including suds from¬†Chocolate City.
- ChurchKey¬†(1337 14th Street NW)¬†is hosting an Inaugural Brewers Ball on Monday, January 21, where gusts will be in the company of Allagash Brewing Company, Fullsteam, Schlafly Beer, Smuttynose, DC Brau, Star Hill and others. For more information on time and tickets, contact¬†Churchkey.
- Old Ebbitt Grill (675 15th Street NW) is a presidential dining house. No really. Like presidents actually eat there.¬†Established in 1856, Old Ebbitt¬†was a favorite of Presidents Grant, Cleveland, Harding and Theodore Roosevelt. It’s location (steps away from the White House) is the perfect spot to watch the weekend’s festivities.
- P.O.V at the W Hotel (515 15th Street NW) has some of the city’s best views and tasty, swanky cocktails. Need we say more? The bar is open regular hours through Sunday, but you need a reservation to get in on Monday.
- Bar Pilar¬†(1833 14th Street NW)¬†will serve beer-focused, politically named cocktails¬†January 16 through Inauguration Day. ¬†For more information, call¬†202-265-1751.
- Boqueria (1837 M Street NW) will serve¬†an American-inspired menu along with plenty of classic American libations through January 22. Boqueria will also have unlimited drinks and tapas on Saturday and Sunday for $35.
- The newly renovated¬†Nick’s Riverside Grill (on the Georgetown Waterfront) will serve up classy cocktails and spin tunes from 9 pm until 2 am. Come dressed to impress. Tickets are $15.