The new bar, which will feature freshly pressed juices, smoothies and food, such as wraps, salads and soups, is founded by Jo Anna Hawthorne of Cleveland Park’s Hawthorne Homemade.
According to the owners, all of the produce used at Carrot and Kale is seasonal and organic, and comes from local farms including Tuscarora Organic Growers Coop in Hustontown, Pa., Farm 2 Family in Richmond, Va., and The Farm @ Our House in Brookville, Md.
Some items on the menu:
- Morning Tonic - Grapefruit, Apple, Kale, Celery
- Glowing Skin - Carrot, Ginger, Apple, Kale, Parsley
- Sweet Tart Smoothie – Strawberry, Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, Mango
- Mediterranean Mix Salad - Cucumber, Tomato, Green Onion, Cilantro
- Turkey Cheddar Guac Wrap – Turkey, Cheddar, Plum Tomatoes, Homemade Guacamole
- Chocolate Mousse – Avocado, Cacao, Almond Milk, Agave
Carrot & Kale opened its doors on January 4.