The back-to-back February snowstorms—the Snowpocalypse—were rich opportunities for bloggers to provide endless updates and photos (guilty!). We put together the Top 10 posts in terms of page views and the winner, by a country mile, was “LET ME IN!” Whole Foods Closes Early; Urban Hipsters Panic with 17th Street Safeway: The Essentials Update in a respectable second place. The Top 10 list is below the fold.
Also, be sure to check out the 760 photos contributed by 68 readers at the Borderstan Snowpocalypse flickr pool.
As for “Snowpocalypse,” if you search for it on Wikipedia, you are redirected to “Snowmageddon“— under which are two separate and lengthy entries for the North American Blizzards of 2010:
Snowmageddon, Snowpocalypse and Snowzilla are portmanteaus of the word “snow” with “Armageddon”, “Apocalypse” and “Godzilla” respectively and can refer specifically to:
The Top 10 list of Borderstan Snowpocalypse posts is below the fold.
- 17th Street Safeway: The Essentials Update
- DC Crime Plummets During Snowpocalypse
- Unshoveled Sidewalks Generate Anger and Activism
- Will DC Enforce the Law on Shoveling Sidewalks
- Dupont Snowball Fight to be Televised… with Wine
- 15th Street Snow Sculpture: A Fort and an Igloo
- Open Thread: What’s Open and Happening?
- Borderstan Area Cancellations and Postponements
- Snow Emergency Takes Effect at 9:30 a.m.