Construction on the Louis at 14th and U streets NW has kicked into high gear.
The building, designedÂ by architect Eric Colbert & Associates, will featureÂ 268 luxury apartment units (a mix of studio, one- and two-bedrooms) and approximately 42,000 square feet of retail and commercial space. In addition, the Louis will have an underground parking garage with 148 spaces.
The developer, JBG Cos., released some updates on the mixed-use development and here are the details:
- The concrete is up to the fifth floor, and the developers expect the structure to top out around the first week of April.
- Work on the skin of the building will begin this month.
- Electric Vaults are being installed. Developers expect permanent power to the property in May.
- Plumbing has begun in the garage levels and will begin on the above grade levels this month.
- Interior masonry has started in the garage.
Louis is scheduled to be completed by December 2013 and will also featureÂ a rooftop terrace with grilling stations, fire pits, lounge-style seating, an outdoor movie theater, a pool, a spa-quality fitness center with a yoga room and a business center with meeting space.