If you‚Äôre looking for something to do this weekend,¬†then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan March 22, 23 and 24.
Friday, March 22
- Disclosure at U Street Music Hall:¬†Fresh off South by Southwest, Disclosure is coming to DC on Friday with a concert at U Street Music Hall. The¬†dance-pop duo plays at 10 pm.
- Fresh Fridays at MOVA Lounge: Start the weekend off right with drink specials ($4 vodkas) until midnight and music at MOVA (2204 14th Street NW). For more information, visit the lounge’s website.
Saturday, March 23
- Thomas Circle Singers’ Annual Charity Pops Concert and Gala:¬†This year’s event promises¬†jazzy songs,¬†plus music from “A Little Night Music,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Simpsons.” After the music there will be a silent auction and refreshments. For more information,¬†visit the website.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival: It’s officially spring, which means only one thing in DC — cherry blossoms! The National Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off this weekend with the festival’s opening ceremony. The free event takes place from ¬†5 until 6:30 pm at the¬†Warner Theatre (513 13th Street NW).
- DC Beer Fest:¬†This weekend is the inaugural¬†DC Beer Festival¬†at¬†Nationals Stadium¬†(1500 South Capitol Street SE). The two-day event (Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24) will feature craft beer from local and national breweries,¬†live music, games, DJs and some ‚Äúsurprises.‚ÄĚ
- Demetri Martin at the 9:30 Club: Check out the hilarious comedians’ charts in person when Demetri comes to the District on Saturday night. The show starts at 6 pm; a late show will begin at 10 pm.
Sunday, March 24
- Grab some brunch:¬†Get your friends and start your day off with some eggs and a mimosa or two.¬†Here are some favorite places¬†the Borderstan contributors like to brunch.
- Howard Gospel Brunch with Patrick Lundy and the Ministers of Music:¬†Doors to this weekend’s Howard Gospel brunch open at 11:30 am; the show starts at 1 pm. Visit the website for details.
- DJ Keenan and DJ Smudge on the Marvin Rooftop: From 3 pm until 8 pm, check out this free show on Marvin’s rooftop (2007 14th Street NW).