It’s almost summertime and Memorial Day is next Monday. Hosting a BBQ this weekend? Don’t want to settle for boring hot dogs and regular old burgers? GOOD! I’ve got just the post for you!
In fact, the recipes I am sharing were so popular last year with Borderstan readers that I am running the post again today in time for Memorial Day 2011 (it originally last year before Memorial Day).
With six days to go, you have plenty of time to pick a few recipes from the ones I’ve collected below—all from your very own DC Food Bloggers—and then get to the grocery store.
There are eight main dishes, 12 sides and salads and eight deserts — plenty of options for you and your guests.
Don’t be afraid. None of us are so gourmet that you can’t make these recipes easily or quickly. Plus, we’ll give you the low-down on any given recipe and throw in a few tips and tricks while we’re at it!
Making a few BBQ standards special will get everyone at your picnic, backyard or roof deck extra excited about your party. What? Don’t you want to be the envy of all your friends?
Have fun grillin’ it up this weekend folks! Share your favorite grill recipes with us in the comments.
Recipes below the fold!
- Carne Asada Tacos from One Bite At A Time (that’s me!)
- Grilled Low Country Boil from The Bitten Word
- Best BBQ Chicken from The Bitten Word
- Grilled Pizza from Pete Bakes!
- Ancho Chile Burgers from Pati’s Mexican Table
- Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Scape Pesto Buffalo Burgers from Adventures in Shaw
- Grilled Seafood Medley from Macheesmo
- Dry Rubbed Slow Cooker Pulled Pork from Dine Like A Pauper
Sides and Salads
- Smoky Corn Salad from Not Derby Pie
- Coleslaw (Hold the Mayo!) from The Arugula Files
- The Best Guacamole. Ever. from One Bite At A Time (that’s me!)
- Edammame Succotash from State Dinner
- Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese from A Girl’s Gotta Eat (scroll down a little)
- Not So Potato-y Salad from Not Derby Pie
- Cilantro Garlic Yogurt Sauce from One Bite At A Time
- Strawberry Arugula Salad with Feta Dressing from The Arugula Files
- Tuscan Bean Dip from The Passion Fruits
- Cat’s Famous Sausage Dip from Adventures of a Florida Girl In DC
- Habanero Salsa from Pati’s Mexican Table
- Grilled Parmesan Potatoes from Adventures of a Florida Girl In DC
- Tequila Soaked Watermelon Wedges from The Bitten Word
- Peppermint Brownies from The Passion Fruits
- Churkey’s Caramel Corn from Modern Domestic
- Bacon Wrapped Strawberries from Pete Bakes!
- Seriously Vanilla Cupcakes from Nikki Rappaport
- Watermelon Mimosas from Modern Domestic
- Strawberry Meyer Lemon Cocktails from Adventures in Shaw
- White Sangria from Macheesmo