Well, here’s a look at what’s a few of the local blogs anyway…
- What’s the Problem with Saint-Ex? 14th & You looks at whether Cafe Saint-Ex (14th and T NW) is a restaurant or tavern. (All I can say is, PLEASE, let’s not drive this establishment from the neighborhood.) Read Dupont ANC Taking Aim at Saint-Ex?
- Crumbling Infrastructure. Dcist looks at the condition of DC’s roads, Scarier: The Roads in DC or The Road by Cormac McCarthy?
- U Street Hotel. 14th & You has more information on the hotel planned for 13th and U Streets NW in More on the U Street Hotel.
- Trinidad Police Checkpoints. There is an update at dcist on the status of a legal appeal to stop the MPD’s checkpoints, which were employed last summer in the Trinidad neighbrhood in response to soaring violent crime in there. Read Last Chance Saloon For Trinidad Checkpoint Lawsuit.
- Ben’s Next Door. We Love DC reviews Next Door Restaurant + Bar, the upscale addition to Ben’s Chili Bowl on U Street NW: We Love Drinks: Benâ€™s Next Door.
- Dupont Circle Citizens Association Elections. Friends of Jack (Jack Jacobson) has several posts on the recentâ€”and unusually controversialâ€”board elections for the Dupont Circle Citizens Association (DCCA). If you have been following the board elections of the Dupont Circle Citizens Association (DCCA), you’ll understand what is going on internally with the organization. Otherwise, I wouldn’t even attempt to explain it. Read Jackâ€™s posts to figure it all out. Note: Jack endorsed candidates in the election, so you can accept or reject his take on the whole thing. Nevertheless, his postings were the most comprehensive thing I could find. His postings include: DCCA Vote Count, DCCA Election Results, DCCA Election Monday, Washington Blade: Gay Candidates Challenged in Dupont Election and Inviting DCCA Candidates’ Statements.
- IHOP Coming to Columbia Heights. 14th and You has an opinion about IHOP’s plans to open in the DC USA mall-like complex on 14th Street NW. Read IHOP is Head for Columbia Heights; the End is Near!