FromÂ Namita Koppa. Email her at namita[AT]borderstan.com.
I donâ€™t know what the weather gods were thinking, but apparently as soon as the summer solstice descended upon Borders tan, the temperature climbed up too. It is HOT out there, guys! While beer is flowing here and here and here, sometimes itâ€™s nice to sit down with something slightly more G-rated.
Like an ice cream sundae.
What better topping for an ice cream sundae than chocolate syrup?
What if I told you that the chocolate syrup you buy in the grocery store takes you 15 minutes to make in your own home?
Check this for your next summertime party:
(minus artificial sweeteners and preservatives)
- ÂľÂ Cup Water
- 1Â˝Â Cup Sugar (adjust to taste!)
- ÂľÂ Cup Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup or Maple Syrup
- Over medium heat, whisk all of these ingredients together until well-blended, smooth, and shiny.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving over ice cream, stirred with milk, in coffee, or with a spoon of your favorite nut butter!
- Other variations include making the chocolate sauce with less sugar and mixing it with a bit of Sriracha. Serve over poultry or even as a simple substitute for mole sauce.