Closing weekend for many exhibits, don’t miss them!
Exhibitions Closing this Weekend
- Hedieh Javanshir Ilchâ€™s â€śIâ€™m Coming Homeâ€ť closes June 16 at Contemporary Wing.
- “Works by Michael D. Crossettâ€ť closes June 17 at gallery plan b.
- Call + ResponseÂ closes June 16 at Hamiltonian Gallery
- Foon ShamÂ closes June 16 at Project 4 Gallery.
Exhibitions Opening this Weekend
- â€śMessages from Outsiderdomâ€ť opens June 15 at the Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery.
- Eve Stockton, opens June 14 at Long View Gallery.
Get more details on the 13 galleries in the Logan-Shaw-U Street area below.
Adamson GalleryÂ at 1515 14th Street NW
- Check the website for updated information.
- Gallery Hours:Â Tuesday through Friday, 11:30 am to 5 pm; Saturday, noon to 5 pm.
Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, DC Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th Street NW
- â€śGraphic Details: Confessional Comics by Jewish Womenâ€ťÂ runsÂ through September 2.
- Gallery Hours:Â Sunday through Thursday, 10 am to 10 pm; Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Arts@1830Â atÂ 1830 14th Street NW
- Debitum Naturae by Boys be Good, starts June 19.
- Gallery Hours:Â Tuesday through Friday, 11 am to 6 pm; Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm; and by appointment.
- Hedieh Javanshir Ilchâ€™s â€śIâ€™m Coming Homeâ€ť is currently on exhibit through June 16.
- Gallery Hours:Â Call the gallery for hours at (202) 730-5037.
Curatorâ€™s OfficeÂ at 1515 14th Street NW
- â€śAn Architectâ€™s Dreamâ€ťÂ runs May 26 through June 30.
- Overview:Â â€śCurated by Todd Levin. Artists include: Joseph Cornell, Rashid Johnson, Pipilotti Rist, Haim Steinbach.â€ť (Curatorâ€™s Office)
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
gallery plan bÂ at 1530 14th Street NW
- S.C.A.M.PÂ opens June 20 through July 22. Opening Reception Thursday, June 21, 6Â to 8 pm
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 7 pm; Sunday, 1 to 5 pm.
Hamiltonian GalleryÂ at 1353 U Street NW
- Call + ResponseÂ opens June 2 through June 16.
- Overview:Â â€śCall + Response is an annual art show pairingÂ writers and artistsÂ to create new works with a twist. Five writers each contribute a call-a short piece of fiction or poetry-and five artists each create a new installation piece in response to one call. For the first time, this yearâ€™s writers will view the artworks prior to the showâ€™s opening and respond in some way, possibly through creation, revision, or reflection, to the responses.â€ť (Hamiltonian Gallery)
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
harmon art labÂ at 1716 14th Street NW, 2nd Floor
- Gallery Hours:Â Call for an appointment; gallery staff is in the building Monday through Friday during business hours.
HemphillÂ at 1515 14thÂ Street NW
- William Willisâ€™ â€śKeeping It Aliveâ€ť runs June 8 through July 28
- Gallery Hours:Â Tuesday through Saturday, 10 amÂ to 5 pm, or by appointment.
Hillyer Art SpaceÂ at 9 Hillyer Court NW
- â€śCelebrating Six Years of Hillyer Artistsâ€ł runs through June 26.
- Overview:Â â€śMore than 80 past Hillyer artists’ works will be on view at the Hillyer Art Space, which are also available for purchase.â€ť (Hillyer Art Space)
- Gallery Hours:Â Tuesday through Friday noon to 6 pm; Saturday and Monday, noon to 5 pm; and by appointment.
Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts GalleryÂ at 1632 U Street NW
- â€śMessages from Outsiderdomâ€ť featuresÂ the untamed works ofÂ Brian Dowdall, Bob Benson, Darien Reece, T.S. Young, J.J. Cromer, Lawrence Amos, Jesus Montes, Charlie Lucas, Jane Pettit, Lee Wheeler, Matt Sesow, and David Kane., opens June 15.
- Overview:Â â€śVisionary artists reveal their untamed realities using fur, bottle caps, sand, neon bark, and junk! Check out our most raw and fabulously wacky show yet!â€ťÂ (Joan Hisaoka Gallery)
- Gallery Hours:Â Wednesday through Friday, 11 am to 5 pm; Saturday, 11 am to 3 pm; and by appointment.
Long View GalleryÂ at 1234 9th Street NW
- Eve Stockton,Â June 14 through July 15, opening receptionÂ Thursday, June 15, 6:30 to 8:00pm
- Overview: â€śStocktonâ€™s multi-layered wood block prints represent a unique approach to a traditional process. Her studies in science and love of nature combine to create a contemporary and unexpected result. The scale of these works is mesmerizing, a true testament to her mastery of this art form.â€ť (Long View Gallery)
- Gallery Hours:Â Wednesday through Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm; Sunday, noon to 5 pm.
Project 4 GalleryÂ at 1353 U Street NW
- Foon ShamÂ runs through June 16.
- Overview:Â â€śThis exhibition brings together man-made byproducts of nature sawdust, salt, and tea, with mountainous cones, canyon like vessels, and cast organic forms to explore themes of diligence and survival.â€ť (Project 4)
- Gallery Hours:Â Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
Transformer GalleryÂ at 1404 P Street NW
- Sean Lynch: Bandits in the Ruins, opens June 9 through July 7.
- Overview:Â â€śSean will be presenting video, photography and more at Transformerâ€™s project space investigating and reflecting upon the methods, understandings and representations involved in dealing with contents of history.â€ť (Transformer)
- Gallery Hours:Â CheckÂ website.