From Tom Hay
Renovations are underway at the Logan CircleÂ Whole Foods Market at 1440 P Street NW. Construction is expected to be complete in November 2010. The most noticeable change will be the addition of a mezzanine level-cafe that overlooks the produce section. Check the store’s Facebook page for drawings of the cafe and other changes.
According to signs posted inside and outside the store, improvements include:
- A mezzanine level cafe overlooking the produce department
- Updated and expanded Wine & Beer Department
- Updated Bakery Department
- Four new Salad and Hot Bar Stations
- New Soup & Chowder Bar with a Rotisserie Chicken Rack
- Artisanal Pizza Oven
- Updated and Expanded Cash Registers
- The garage will be switched to one entrance and one exit for parking. The bottom level of the garage will be closed.
- At times “tunnels” will be used to guide you safely from one side of the store to the other.
- Only one elevator may be operational at times.
- Some items may not be displayed in their usual location.
- Currently the public restrooms are closed for renovation as well.
Tom Hay is a new contributor to Borderstan. He is a 23-year Borderstan resident and law librarian by profession.