From Katie Andriulli. Email her at katie[AT]borderstan.com and follow herÂ on TwitterÂ @kandriulli.
Booze with the pros, a fro-yo-themed scavenger hunt, painting with your pet, and a vinyl extravaganza…consider your weekend sorted.
Friday, June 28
- Chances are you were unaware that SuburbiaÂ has begun to dole out delicious frozen drinks, Tecate tallboys and more from an old-fashioned Airstream trailer parked right outsideÂ Union MarketÂ (1309 Fifth Street NE). Swing by The Washington Post’s Going Out Guide happy hourÂ there tonight from 5 to 9 pm for discounted beverages and a quality hang.
- Speak softly and carry a big drink at the gorgeous new Dupont restaurantÂ Teddy & the Bully BarÂ (1200 19th Street NW), brought to you by the minds behind the popular downtown joint Lincoln. Did I mention they have a bar menu that includes a gin Rickey on tap?
Saturday, June 29
- The feeling you get from giving back should be enough to motivate you, but it doesn’t hurt when it comes with the promise of free ice cream, either. Head to theÂ The Farm at Walker JonesÂ (131 L Street NW) at 1 pm to work in the community garden, then sample free Ben & Jerry’s ice cream from 4 to 6 pm at the community party immediately following. Just make sure toÂ register in advance to save your spot.
- Booze and frozen yogurt only taste better when you have to work for them, which is whyÂ Mr. Yogato’sÂ (1515 17th Street NW) 5th birthday scavenger hunt is so intriguing.Â RegistrationÂ for the hunt, which will be at locations around Dupont, starts at 6:30 pm, with drink specials at area bars afterwards.
Sunday, June 30
- Follow in the footsteps of George W. Bush (hear me out) and paint a portrait of your dog today atÂ the ArtJamzÂ (1728 Connecticut Avenue NW) â€śPaint Your Poochâ€ť event from noon to 2 pm. AÂ $35 ticketÂ gets you two hours of instruction, painting supplies, and a glass of wine, beer or tea. Best of all, furry friends are welcome.
- Get your hands on a copy of thisÂ (or, you know, something else) today at theÂ DC Record Fair – Summer EditionÂ atÂ Penn Social (801 E Street NW).Â Early bird admission between 11 am and noon is $5, and regular admission between noon and 5 pm is $2.