Click on the collage above for a slide show of Luis’s pics from Dog Days 2010 on Flickr.
If you’re in town this weekend, be sure to check out the 12th AnnualÂ Dog Days of AugustÂ on the 14th and U Streets NW corridors. Local businesses, organizations and galleries set up shop on the sidewalks during daytime business hours on Saturday and Sunday.
Participating businesses and organizations stretch from 8th to 17th Streets along U Street NW, and from Thomas Circle north to Florida Avenue on 14th Street NW. The event is sponsored by the MidCity Business Association.
Among others, here are some of the great deals you can find:
- Everything on the sidewalk tables at Home Rule will be 50 to 75% off
- Up the street at Vastu, you can enter a raffle to win a $3,500 Steven Anthony sleeper sofa
- Everything in the store at Urban Essentials will be discounted 10 to 15%
- Junction Vintage is offering discounts of up to 70%.
- Miss Pixie is taking 20% off everything in the store.
Be sure to stop by theÂ Borderstan.comÂ table next to the Black Cat!