Here are recent crimes of note in Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208, 307 and 305 for September 7-12 period in the Dupont Circle, U Street and Logan Circle areas. Crimes of note are stolen autos, burglaries and violent crimes such as robberies and assaults.
There has been a rash of gun robberies over the past few weeks in PSAs 307 and 305 in the area south of U Street between 9th and 14th Streets NW. Last Monday, September 8, PSA 307 officers arrested suspects for two robberies that occurred around 13th and Q NW.
From MPD Third District: “Earlier this evening [September 8] there were two armed robberies of two separate victims in the 1300 block of Q Street NW. The Third District Robbery Tactical unit was patrolling in the area and due to the officer’s swift action arrested the robbery suspects and recovered the handgun that was used during the commission of the crime. As a result of the arrests, other victims will be contacted in efforts to close other area robberies.”
In addition, here is an important note from MPD Third District above safety in numbers on the street… in regard to the second crime listed below (the Robbery-Purse Snatch on September 12): “This is an example of how you cannot always count on safety in numbers. The suspect was brazen enough to snatch the victim’s purse in the presence of multiple friends. When you pass strangers on the street always maintain a good grip on the strap or handle of your bag. If it becomes apparent that the suspect is not going to give up their effort to snatch your bag then release it and yell for help rather than continuing the confrontation.”
- September 12, 6:30 a.m. Robbery with Gun, 1600 block of Q Street, N.W. The complainant was walking on the sidewalk when the suspect, who was on a bicycle, blocked his path and pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the complainant. The suspect told the complainant, “Give me your money, or I’ll kill you.” The complainant gave the suspect his money and the suspect fled in an unknown direction. The suspect was described as a black male; 18-20 years old; 5’9″; 150 lbs.
- September 12, 1:30 a.m. Robbery-Purse Snatch, 1700-block of 18th Street NW. The victim reported that while walking along the sidewalk on 17th Street, she and 3 friends, passed the suspect standing at the bus stop. The suspect reached out and snatched her purse from her shoulder. He then ran west on Riggs Place NW and then turned north toward U Street N.W.
- September 12, 3:49 a.m. Robbery with Force & Violence, 14th & R Streets NW.
- September 12, 1:21 a.m. Robbery- Snatch, 18th Street & Riggs Place NW.
- September 12, 3:30 a.m. Robbery Force & Violence, 1400 block of U Street N.W. The victim reported that while on the sidewalk he was assaulted by several male suspects. During the assault, one of the suspects took $100 and two cell phones from his pocket and then ran westbound on U St., N.W. The victim was treated on the scene for minor injuries.
- September 11, 6:22 p.m. Assault with Deadly Weapon-Gun, 1300 block of O Street NW-Home.
- September 10, 10:36 p.m. Robbery with Gun, 2200 block of 11th Street NW.
- September 10, 9:15 p.m. Robbery with Gun, 1200 block of 13th Street NW.
- September 9, 10:22 p.m. Robbery with Force & Violence, 1800 block of 9th Street NW.
- September 9, 2 to 10 p.m. Stolen Auto, 1400 block of R Street NW.
- September 9, 7:15 p.m. Robbery-Snatch, 19th Street & Dupont Circle NW.
- September 8, 10:22 p.m. Robbery-Fear, 900 block of T Street NW.
- September 8, 6 p.m. Stolen Auto, 1500 block of S Street NW.
- September 8, 11 p.m. Robbery-Snatch, 1400 block of U Street NW. Victim reported that an unknown suspect approached her and took cash from her front shirt pocket. Suspect fled the scene eastbound on U Street NW.
- September 8, 9:25 p.m. Robbery with Gun, 13th & Q Streets NW.
- September 7, 8:30 p.m. Robbery with Gun, 1700 block of 13th ST NW-Sidewalk.
- September 7, 11 p.m. Robbery-Snatch, 1800 16th Street NW. Victim reported that an unknown suspect grabbed her purse and fled the scene on a bicycle. Taken was a cell phone, camera, currency, and assorted keys
- September 7, 11 p.m. Robbery with Gun, 1100 block of T Street NW.