National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is on Thursday, September 27, and Whitman-Walker Health will observe the annual day with expanded HIV testing at various locations.
“Getting tested is the first step to, if needed, getting treatment that will not only keep you healthy but protect your loved ones,” said Whitman-Walker Executive Director Don Blanchon. ”If you do not need treatment, it’s an opportunity to learn again how to stay safe.”
HIV Testing Locations
This Thursday, Whitman-Walker Health will offer free and confidential testing at the following locations:
- Human Rights Campaign, 1640 Rhode Island Avenue NW: 11 am until 1 pm
- MPD Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit, 1369-A Connecticut Avenue NW: 5 until 9 pm
- Whitman-Walker Health Elizabeth Taylor Medical Center, 1701 14th Street NW: 9 am until 5 pm
- Whitman-Walker Gay Men’s Health & Wellness Clinic, 1701 14th Street NW: 6 until 8 pm
- Whitman-Walker Health Max Robinson Center, 2301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue SE: 9 am until 4:30 pm
According to Blanchon, one in seven gay or bisexual men in DC has HIV, and one in three Black gay or bisexual men in DC has HIV. No appointments are necessary at any of the locations.
For more information, visit www.whitman-walker.org.