Looking for something to do this¬†weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan September 21st, 22nd and 23rd.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- The Third Annual 17th Street Festival: The Third annual 17th Street Festival is on Saturday, September 22 from noon until 6 pm. The festival includes local art, live entertainment and activities for kids and pets. For more information, visit¬†www. 17thstreetfestival.org.
- Tribute to John Coltrane at DC Jazz Jam:¬†Sunday, September 23, DC Jazz Jam will celebrate the birthday of John Coltrane. The show is from 6:30 until 9:30 pm at¬†Dahlak Restaurant (1771 U Street NW).
- Opening for My Barbarian at Transformer:¬†Catch Malik Gaines,¬†Jade Gordon and¬†Alexandro Segade’s latest project,¬†Broke People’s Baroque Peoples’ Theater¬†Flat Busted Wig Beauty Window Fatale,¬†at Transformer (1404 P Street NW). The opening reception is Saturday,¬†September 22 from 6 until 8pm.
- Invisible Man at Studio Theatre: Catch the¬†adapted play by Oren Jacoby,¬†based on the novel by Ralph Ellison, at 14th Street’s Studio Theatre (1501 14th Street NW).
- An Improv-Story Mash-Up at Speakeasy DC:¬†SpeakeasyDC and Washington Improv Theater are teaming up on Saturday, September 22 for a production of¬†true stories and improvisation. Times are¬†7 until 8:30 pm and 9 until 10:30 pm. More information is available at¬†www.speakeasydc.org.
- Music With Angles at Church of the Holy City: Join the Church of the Holy City (1611 16th Street NW) for a musical concert on Sunday, September 22. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
DC9¬†(1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, September 22:¬†Warchild (!),¬†Stop Fakin 2 world premiere, Mothership, 9 pm.
- Sunday, September 23:¬†Ital, Laurel Halo, Magic Touch, M Geddes Gengras, 8:30 pm.
Velvet Lounge¬†(915 U Street NW)
- Friday, September 21:¬†The Spots, Hott Tub, Motorcycle Maus, Joel Blumenthal, 7:30 pm.
- Saturday, September 22: Shark Week, Medicine Man, Dr. Neanderthal, 7:30 pm.
9:30 Club¬†(815 V Street NW)
- Friday, September 21:¬†Grizzly Bear,¬†Unknown Mortal Orchestra, 8 pm.
- Saturday, September 22: All Good Presents Papadosio¬†with Drop Electric, 10 pm.
Black Cat¬†(1811 14th Street NW)
- Sunday, September 23: Wye Oak, Callers, 8 pm.