JBG Companies and Walton Street Capital areÂ currently working on the Atlantic Plumbing development project, which will bring three buildings of residences and more than 25,000 square feet of retail space to 8th and V Streets NW, the area by the 9:30 Club. The project includes retail space dedicated to local artists, luxury “green” amenities and streetscape improvements.
The addresses for the three sites are:
- 807 V Street NW and 2112 8thÂ Street NW
- 2030 8thÂ Street NW
- 933-945 Florida Avenue NW
Construction on the first two sites is expected to startÂ early next year (Spring 2013) and finish in late 2014.
“We have not determined whether the project will deliver as apartments or condos, or split between the two buildings,” said James Nozar of JBG Companies.
“That decision will be based onÂ market conditions as we get closer to delivery. However, we are building both buildings to such a high-level of design that we could make that determination very near the time of delivery of the buildings without impacting the projectâ€™s schedule.”
In addition to 375 living units, the Atlantic Plumbing project’s first two sites will also deliver approximately 25,000 square feet of combined ground-floor retail space.
“Weâ€™re targeting more artistic/cultural uses including a possible small theater, as well as a cafĂ© or restaurant,” said Nozar. “There will be approximately eight ground-floor studio spaces of approximately 500 square feet each that will be discounted and targeted to artists and other creative users, subject to them being open during certain hours in order to activate the streetscape and provide a haven for arts-related uses.”
Atlantic Plumbing will also have a large setback along V Street NW to allow for a small plaza and outdoor dining uses. This space will also accommodate the evening lines from the project’s neighbor, the 9:30 Club.
According to Nozar, it’s too early to project price-points for the living spaces; these will be set closer to completion of the project. The project plans to include units that range fromÂ 500 square-foot junior one bedrooms, to 1,400 square foot two-plus bedroom units.
Atlantic Plumbing will also dedicate approximately 10 percent of the units as affordable housing units to those earning at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income, per DCâ€™s Inclusionary Housing policy.
The designers of the project include Morris Adjmi, who will be leading the design of the exterior and interiors. Morris is teamed with local architectÂ Eric Colbert & Associates, the Architect of Record.
Currently planned amenities for the project, include:
- State-of-the art fitness center with stretching and yoga/spin area
- Lounge area with bar, living room and home theater
- Large landscaped garden
- Private rooftop vegetable garden plots
- Rooftop pool with panoramic city views from 110 feet in the air
- Rooftop flume pools
- Rooftop bar and commercial kitchen for food classes and resident use
- Rooftop kitchenettes/BBQs with private seating areas
- Outdoor rooftop movie screening area
- Rooftop living room with fire pit
- Significant green roof and an eight-story vertical garden
- Programming of artist studios at the ground level
- Private bike storage rooms
- Electric car charging stations
- Significant streetscape improvements, including plazas and landscaping along 8thÂ & V Streets
JBG has an email address for those interested in the artist studio spaces:Â APArtistStudios[AT]jbg.com.