The November 6 election is two weeks away, and while the nation’s eyes are on the presidential election, the nation’s capital is gearing up for several local elections.
If you’re a DC resident, here’s what will appear on your ballot this year:
- Electors of President and Vice President of the United States
- Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives
- At-Large Member of the Council of the District of Columbia (two to be elected)
- Ward 2, 4, 7 and 8 Members of the Council of the District of Columbia
- At-Large Member of the State Board of Education
- Ward 2, 4, 7 and 8 Members of the State Board of Education
- United States Senator (“Shaddow” Senator)
- United States Representative (“Shaddow Reprsentative)
- Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (296 to be elected citywide)
- Three proposed charter amendments
For those who may be out of town on election day, early voting began at One Judiciary Square (441 4th Street NW)¬†on Monday, October 22 and will continue to Saturday, October 27.¬†Hours of early voting are from¬†8:30 am until 7 pm.¬†Beginning on Saturday, October 27,¬†voters will be able to cast ballots at their choice of eight satellite locations (one in each Ward):
- Columbia Heights Community Center, 1480 Girard Street NW
- Takoma Community Center, 300 Van Buren Street NW
- Chevy Chase Community Center, 5601 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center, 1100 Michigan Avenue NE
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center, 201 N Street SW
- Dorothy Height/Benning Library, 3935 Benning Road NE
- Southeast Tennis and Learning Center, 701 Mississippi Avenue SE
For more information on voting, visit the DC Board of Elections and Ethics.
Local ANC 1B-12 Candidate Meet and Greets
Here at Borderstan.com, we’ve introduced you to the local ANC candidates. Several of these candidates have participated in candidate forums, but a few candidates are hosting individual Meet and Greet sessions.
- ANC¬†1B-12 candidate, John Green, will host a meet and greet session on Friday, October 26 at Ulah Bistro (1214 U Street NW) from¬†¬†6:30 to 7:30 pm. At-Large Candidate for D.C. Council,¬†David Grosso,will also attend. For more information, visit John Green’s website.
- ANC 1B-12 candidate, Zahra Jilani, will host a meet and greet on Sunday, October 28 from 2 to 3:30 pm at 1346 Wallach Place NW. For more information, view her online flier.
- ANC 1B-12 candidate, Erling Bailey, will host a meet and greet on Sunday, October 28 from 1 until 2:30 pm at 1335 T Street NW. For more information, visit Bailey’s website.