Itâ€™s that time of year again, when fall and pumpkin fever has taken over me. And what says fall more than pumpkin and spices? Â Most times, I reach out for a pumpkin cupcake, but with these pancakes, I can bring the pumpkin into breakfast!
These pancakes are a great fall morning breakfast, and an easy way to use any leftover pumpkin puree that you may have from other cooking endeavors. Light and fluffy with a perfect balance of pumpkin and spices and a beautiful orange color, they are even vegan friendly!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- Â˝ tsp. cinnamon
- Â˝ tsp. ground ginger
- â…›Â tsp. nutmeg
- Â˝ tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (or more, if you want it more pumpkin-y)
- 1 and 1/3 cups vanilla soy milk
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Whisk to sift and combine.
- Add the pumpkin puree and soy milk to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour about ÂĽ cup batter per pancake onto a hot, greased griddle.
- When the pancake is bubbly, slightly dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; flip and brown the other side.
I served them with some toasted pecans and maple syrup and polished them off before even getting a picture! They really are the perfect celebration for a cool fall morning.
Whatâ€™s your favorite thing about fall?