It doesnâ€™t matter how or why you got there, weâ€™ve all been there: itâ€™s late, and youâ€™re hungry. The only problem is, the later it gets, the fewer options we all have for cheap and satisfying (err, greasy) grub. Â Who is open late to fulfill your late-night cravings? We have just the list for you.
- Manny & Olga’s (1841 14th Street NW). This spot caters to the late-night 14th Street crowd, for sure. Manny & Olga’s offers everything from pizza to subs, salads and calzones, and is open until 5 am on Fridays and Saturdays and 4 am on Sundays.
- La Villa (1317 14th Street NW). Located in Logan Circle, La Villa serves-up authentic Latin American favorites to DC’s night owls. La Villa is open until 3 am on Friday and Saturday nights.
- JJ’s CheesesteaksÂ (1939 14th St NW). You really can’t go wrong with a cheesesteak (or a chicken or veggie steak – JJ’s has those, too). Located in the heart of the U Street corridor, JJ’s is open until 4 am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Point Chaud (1736 14th Street NW). Late-night food doesn’t have to be greasy. Refine your palate with some crepes at Point Chaud, open until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Ben’s Chili BowlÂ (1213 U Street NW). A DC classic. Half-smokes and chili fries are delicious anytime of the day, and especially at 4 am, which is how late Ben’s stays open on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Jumbo Slice. You can’t have a true DC night out without a trip to Jumbo Slice. The only problem: Which one is the real deal? Well, we don’t know (there are just too many)! But we do know that Jumbo Pizza (1344 U Street NW) is good, convenient and open until 4 am on Friday and Saturday nights (and until 2 am on the other days of the week).
- Italian Kitchen on U (1110 U Street NW). This neighborhood Italian spot has everything from wings, to pizza, pasta, panini, calzones and salad. It’s open until 3 am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and until 1 am on the other days of the week.
- Taylor Gourmet (1910 14th Street NW). Open until 3:30 am on Fridays and Saturdays, Taylor Gourmet feeds the sandwich-hungry masses that pour out of the 14th Street bars.