- Hurry up to 14th and U Streets NW before 1 p.m. todayâ€”today is the final day of the 2009 season for the 14th and U Farmers Market.
- Read the transcript of an anonymous 911 call on the morning of October 4 when a man died at “Men’s Parties” at 1618-A 14th Street, courtesy of columnist Amanda Hess, “The Sexist”,at the Washington City Paper.
- If you are ready to adopt a companion, check out dcist’s “Pet Worth,” which launched in October; dcist is collaborating with the Washington Humane Society. It is a listing, with photos, of “Highly Adoptable Animals.”
- On Monday, November 23, attend the next 17th Streetscape Community Meeting at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 1772 Church Street NW. Time is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Jack Jacobson, ANC 2B-04, has more information; you can send him an email.
- Read WashCycle’s take on the 15th Street bike laneâ€”and other possible future options for the street. One is Alternative 3, which would make 15th a two-way street for traffic, and my choice all along.