Posted on05 November 2012.
Election night: Where will you be raising a glass? (Luis Gomez Photos)
From Ashley Lusk. Check out herÂ blog,Â Metropoetrylis. Find herÂ on TwitterÂ @arluskÂ orÂ emailÂ her at ashley[AT]borderstan.com.
After this election, we will all need a good drink, and luckily Borderstan has you covered. Check out these bars and drink specials in and around the neighborhood.
Where to Go on Election Night in the Neighborhood
- Election Drink and Dinner Specials at Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe,Â 1517 Connecticut Avenue NW. Start with “The Split Ticket,” which includes Obama Family Chili & Mittâ€™s Birthday Favorite Meat Loaf Cake. Then grab a drink: pick up a Red State: with Wolf Blass Brut champagne, Sorbetto Strawberry liqueur and strawberry purĂ©e; or a Blue State: Wolf Blass Brut champagne, Brokerâ€™s gin, blue curacao; simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Human Rights Campaign at Eatonville, 2121 14th Street NW.Â Head over to Eatonville where the Human Rights Campaign will have a watch party to support LGBT and allied political candidates. A $5 to $10 donation gets you a thank-you gift, in addition to a cash bar access and food available for purchase. RSVP at the HRC Facebook Page.
- All Night Happy Hour Menu at Policy,Â 904 14th Street NW.Â The fun begins at 5 pm when Policy offers their happy hour menu for the rest of the night, with $5 food and drinks and special election-themed cocktails. As part of thisÂ Policy Media Room event theyâ€™ll also be showing the CNN election coverage on three TVsâ€”most importantly, with sound. Wolf Blitzer drinking game, anyone?
- Open Bar Rules at Local 16,Â 1602 U Street NW.Â Head to Local 16 to check out live coverage of the 2012 Presidential Election and lay down an Andrew Jackson ($20) for the open bar from 8 until 11 pm. Drown your sorrows or your joys after the announcement of the winning candidate with D.J. OMG. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
- Eat, Drink and Listen at Busboys and Poets,Â 2021Â 14th Street NW.Â Head to any Busboys and Poets location to watch the election coverage on their big screen TVs, where theyâ€™ll have the coverage commentary on throughout the restaurant.
- Free Drinks and Food at Darlington House, 1610 20th Street NW.Â Itâ€™s an election night party from 7 until 8 pm at Darlington House with complimentary cocktails and bar food.
- Live Coverage and an Open Bar at Tropicalia, 2001 14th Street NW. Tropicalia will show election coverage on two projector screens and have a $20 open bar from 8 until 11 pm. Tickets are available for purchase online.
- Music and Politics at Cobalt,Â 1639 R Street NW.Â D.J. Jason Royce will be on-hand to pump up an election results-crazed crowd. See details on the event’s Facebook page.
Election Night Specials Just Outside the Neighborhood
- The Blaguard,Â 2003 18th Street NW.Â On Tuesday you can snark it up The Blaguard where a tall boy and rye is just $6.
- Mellow Mushroom,Â 2436 18th Street NW.Â Head to Mellow Mushroom in Adams Morgan to predict which candidate the swing states will vote for, and you just might win a $50 bar tab. In addition to trivia starting at 8 pm, you and three friends can check in on Facebook to get a free pitcher of beer.
- A 13-Hour Happy Hour atÂ Capitol City Brewing Company,Â 1100 New York Avenue NW. Capitol City Brewing will host an all-day happy hour with happy hour priced appetizers and drinks.
Get anÂ RSS Feed for all Borderstan storiesÂ orÂ subscribe to Borderstanâ€™s daily email newsletter.