If you plan to skip the labor-intensive Thanksgiving cooking process this year (or if you burned the turkey and have a dining room full of hungry guests), donâ€™t sweat it â€“ several neighborhood restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
While some require reservations ahead of time, others welcome walk-ins.
- La Tomate (1701 Connecticut Avenue NW) will open at 4 pm on Thanksgiving Day to serve meals from its regular Italian menu, as well as dishes from a special Thanksgiving menu, which includes starters, an entrĂ©e and pie. Call 202-667-5505 for reservations.
- Bistro du Coin (1738 Connecticut Avenue NW) will be open on Thanksgiving Day at noon. In addition to its French fare, Bistro du Coin will also offer some Thanksgiving meal specials. For more information, call 202-234-6969.
- Sette Osteria (1666 Connecticut Avenue NW) will serve lunch, brunch and dinner on Thanksgiving Day from 11 am until 9 pm. The Dupont Circle restaurant has an entire list of specials for the day, available on the website. Call 202-483-3070 for reservations.
- Ulah Bistro (1214 U Street NW) will be open all day for Thanksgiving from 11 am until 11 pm. The U Street restaurant is featuring a $29.95 turkey dinner with all the trimmings. For reservations, call 202-234-0123.
- Lauriol Plaza (1835 18th Street NW) will be open from 11:30 am until 10 pm on Thanksgiving Day, for those diners who are in the mood for an unconventional Thanksgiving Day feast!
- Lincoln (1110 Vermont Avenue NW) will be open from 2 pm â€“ 8 pm on Thanksgiving Day, and will feature farm-to-table specials on a traditional Thanksgiving Day menu. Guests can select seasonal soups and salads, as well as meats and fishes from a carving station. Lincoln will also serve-up pies and sides. Call 202-386-9200 for reservations.
- Whole Foods (1440 P Street NW) is open on Thanksgiving Day from 7 am until 5 pm for those who need to pick-up a last minute pie from the bakery (believe it or not, my aunt forgot to put sugar in her pie… two years in a row!), or for those who prefer to dine on dinner from the prepared foods section.
No matter how â€“ or where â€“ you choose to spend your Thanksgiving, I hope it is a happy one!