Yes, it is that time of the year again. Winter has arrived and the extra pounds can start to add up â€”Â so it is time to hit the gym and forget about staying home eating and watching TV. There’s no need to cover your self with sweaters and jackets during all the winter months to hide that extra weight â€” keep the pounds off!
Luckily, in Borderstan we have excellent options for staying fit during the season. Around the neighborhood you can join a full-service gym or hire a personal trainer at a more specialized facility.
Not so rigorous about machines and training by yourself at the gym? There are other kinds of workouts available in the neighborhood, such as Capoeira or Cross Fit that will keep you fit while having fun.
Neghborhood Gym Options
- Vida U Street, 1612 U Street
- Vida Metropole, 1517 15th Street NW
- Body Smith Training Gym, 1622 14 Street NW(undergoing expansion)
- Jewish Community Center Fitness Center, 1529 16th Street NW
- MPH CrossFit, 1469 Church Street NW
- Body Smith Training Gym, 1622 14 Street NW
- One World Fitness, 1738 14th Street NW
- Mint Health Club, 1724 California Street NW
- FIT Personal Training Gym, 1633 Q Street, NW
- Work It! Studio, 1020 U Street NW
- Capoeira DC, 636 Florida Avenue NW
- YMCA, 1711 Rhode Island Avenue NW
- YMCA, 14th and W Streets NW (scheduled to open early 2013)
- Washington Sports Clubs, with locations at 1211 and 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW