Looking for something to do this¬†weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 16, 17 and 18.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Local Art at Artz Jamz‚Äôs Art Bazaar:¬†ArtJamz¬†will host an Artz¬†Bazaar, Sunday, Nov. 18, from 11 am to 4 pm at its studio, 1742 Connecticut Avenue NW. It will be showcasing the works of local professional artists.
- SUBMERGE 2012 GET FASHION ROCK SHOW:¬†The two-day event, hosted by Listen Local First, is free and open to the public and will take place on Friday, Nov. 9 (6 pm – 11 pm) and Saturday, Nov. 20 (starts at 7 pm) at¬†700 H Street NE. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.
- Tap Jam at Busboys and Poets: On Sunday, Nov. 18, special guest Baakari Wilder will host participants in an evening of improvised dance moves. The event starts at 8 pm at¬†2021 14th Street NW.
- Opening Reception for Magic at Transformer: The new exhibition featuring the work of¬†Felipe Pereira Goncalves will be at Transformer Gallery through Dec. 8. The opening reception is Saturday, Nov. 17 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at 1404 P Street NW.
- The Last Weekend of Fall Fringe: This weekend is the last to catch a show at Fall Fringe, which ends on Sunday, Nov. 18. For tickets and show information, check the website.
- Richard Florida at Politics and Prose: The author of ¬†”The Rise of the Creative Class” will be at Politics and Prose (5015 Connecticut Avenue NW) for a book signing on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 6 pm.
- Sunday Kind of Love¬†Poetry Reading at Busboys and Poets:¬†Yvette Neisser Moreno¬†will launch her award winning new book,¬†Grip, on Sunday, Nov. 18 from 5-7 pm.
DC9¬†(1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Alarms & Controls, Pretty & Nice, Gary B & the Notions,¬†Deutschmarks, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge¬†(915 U Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: Tough/Luck, Teen Mom, Vulture Shit, 9 pm
9:30 Club¬†(815 V Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: G. Love and Special Sauce,¬†Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, 8 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18:¬†Lights,¬†The Arkells, 7 pm
Black Cat¬†(1811 14th Street NW)
- Saturday, Nov. 17: David Bazan Band, 9 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Kill Lincoln, Boardroom Heros, 8 pm
- Friday, Nov. 16: Kaki King with Lay Lamb the Beekeeper, 8 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 17:¬†No BS Brass Band with Fort Knox Five, 10 pm