Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 16, 17 and 18.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Local Art at Artz Jamz’s Art Bazaar: ArtJamz will host an Artz Bazaar, Sunday, Nov. 18, from 11 am to 4 pm at its studio, 1742 Connecticut Avenue NW. It will be showcasing the works of local professional artists.
- SUBMERGE 2012 GET FASHION ROCK SHOW: The two-day event, hosted by Listen Local First, is free and open to the public and will take place on Friday, Nov. 9 (6 pm – 11 pm) and Saturday, Nov. 20 (starts at 7 pm) at 700 H Street NE. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.
- Tap Jam at Busboys and Poets: On Sunday, Nov. 18, special guest Baakari Wilder will host participants in an evening of improvised dance moves. The event starts at 8 pm at 2021 14th Street NW.
- Opening Reception for Magic at Transformer: The new exhibition featuring the work of Felipe Pereira Goncalves will be at Transformer Gallery through Dec. 8. The opening reception is Saturday, Nov. 17 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at 1404 P Street NW.
- The Last Weekend of Fall Fringe: This weekend is the last to catch a show at Fall Fringe, which ends on Sunday, Nov. 18. For tickets and show information, check the website.
- Richard Florida at Politics and Prose: The author of ”The Rise of the Creative Class” will be at Politics and Prose (5015 Connecticut Avenue NW) for a book signing on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 6 pm.
- Sunday Kind of Love Poetry Reading at Busboys and Poets: Yvette Neisser Moreno will launch her award winning new book, Grip, on Sunday, Nov. 18 from 5-7 pm.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Alarms & Controls, Pretty & Nice, Gary B & the Notions, Deutschmarks, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: Tough/Luck, Teen Mom, Vulture Shit, 9 pm
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 16: G. Love and Special Sauce, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, 8 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Lights, The Arkells, 7 pm
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Saturday, Nov. 17: David Bazan Band, 9 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Kill Lincoln, Boardroom Heros, 8 pm
- Friday, Nov. 16: Kaki King with Lay Lamb the Beekeeper, 8 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 17: No BS Brass Band with Fort Knox Five, 10 pm