Happy Thanksgiving, Borderstan! We hope you all had a relaxing and delicious holiday. If you’re looking for something to do this weekend (you know, for when the pumpkin pie is polished off and the turkey is picked to the bones), then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 23, 24 and 25.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Black Friday Shopping: Up and after some deals this Friday, Nov. 23? Plenty of stores in Borderstan are having sales and celebrations. Check our listing for where to go.
- Standard’s Seasonal Hurrah – Beer, Meat and Patio Heaters: Nov. 23 – Dec. 2, Standard will fire up the smoker, pour the beer and fill-up the patio for its last few days of the season. Standard (1801 14th Street NW) will be closed from¬†Dec. 3 through March 1.
- The Dupont Circle Food Tour: On Saturday, Nov. 24, DC Metro Food Tour’s will guide participants, on foot, through one of DC’s most diverse neighborhoods. Taste the food of the neighborhood and learn how it’s tied to the area’s history. For more information, visit the website or email¬†¬†info[AT]dcmetrofoodtours.com.
- Post-Thanksgiving Party at MOVA: Escape from your crazy uncle and drown your awkward family moments on Friday night at MOVA for music and cocktail specials ($4 vodkas and DJ Jason) from 9 pm until midnight.
- Special Agent Galactica at Black Fox Lounge: On Friday, Nov. 23, join Special Agent Galactica for happy hour at Black Fox Lounge (1723 Connecticut Avenue NW) from 6 until 9 pm. Visit the Facebook page for more information.
- Open Mic Poetry hosted by E-Baby featuring 2Deep¬†at Busboys and Poets:¬†On Friday, Nov. 23, audience members will be able to enjoy two hours of poetry from 9 until 11 pm. For more information, visit the website.
DC9¬†(1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, Nov. 24:¬†Astra Via, Derek Evry and His Band of Misanthropes, Addieville, 8:30 pm
Velvet Lounge¬†(915 U Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 23: Westmain, Fujank, The Ambitions, 9 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 24: Drugs of Faith, Sexgender, Keep, Heighpriest, Cavern, 9 pm
9:30 Club¬†(815 V Street NW)
- Friday, Nov. 23:¬†Citizen Cope, Alice Smith, 8 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 24:¬†Sufjan’s Xmas Sing-a-long, Sheila Saputo, 7 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 25:¬†Of Monsters and Men, 7 pm
Black Cat¬†(1811 14th Street NW)
- Saturday, Nov. 24: Supersuckers, Soulful Aggression, 9 pm
- Friday, Nov. 23: Faith Evans, Michael Lynche, 8 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 24: BB King, Levi Stephens, 8 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 25: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Friday, Nov. 23:¬†Congo y Castro, 7 pm