If you‚Äôre looking for something to do this¬†weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 30 and December 1 and 2.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- The Annual Logan Circle Holiday House Tour:¬†The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) will host its 34th Annual Holiday House Tour on Sunday, December 2 from 1 to 5 pm. The tour will take participants to some of the neighborhoods most beautifully decorated homes and will conclude with a Wassail Reception at Studio Theatre. Tickets are $25 in advance and are available online.
- Howard Theatre Oral History Day:¬†The¬†Howard Theatre Oral History Project will take place on Saturday, December 15 from 10 am to¬† 2 pm at 620 T Street NW.¬†The Oral History Project, which documents the history of the neighborhood, is a long term initiative that will become a part of the exhibition to be installed at the soon to be built Howard Theatre Education and Cultural Center annexed to the Howard Theatre.
- “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart”¬†Presented by Shakespeare Theatre Company:¬†The performance of¬†”The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” is running now through December 9 at¬†Bier Baron Tavern (1532 22nd Street NW). For ticket information, view the event details on¬†Pink Line Project.
- DJ Matt Bailer Goes to TOWN:¬†On Saturday, December 1, DJ Matt Bailer will play at TOWN, starting at 11 pm. For more information, visit the¬†Facebook page.
- Holiday Send-Off For OLD CITY green:¬†OLD CITY green is inviting neighbors to a Holiday Send-Off party on Sunday, December 2 at 6 pm, complete with Christmas trees, a roaring fire and live music. There will also be Thanksgiving-style food on the grill and beverages to cheer, including the greenhouse‚Äôs¬†famous root herb hot toddies.¬†Tickets to the party are $20 and are available¬†online.
- Breakfast Club Remix at The Duplex Diner:¬†The¬†Breakfast¬†Club Remix Dance Party is on again at¬†The Duplex Diner, this Friday, November 30, from 9 pm to 2 am.¬† Travel back in time and enjoy all that ‚Äô80s music with this Dance Party.
- Ross Tree Sales Starts, Along with Book and Bake Sale:¬†On Saturday, December 1,¬†Ross¬†Elementary School will hold its annual holiday tree sale, bake sale, open house and book fair.¬†The one-stop holiday fundraiser starts at 10 am at the school (1730 R Street NW).
- World AIDS Vigils:¬†At 5 pm on Saturday, Whitman-Walker Health will host its annual candlelight vigil in Dupont Circle. The clinic‚Äôs¬†mobile testing unit will also be on-site to provide free HIV testing.¬†Just down the road, the¬†Lincoln Congregational Temple will hold its candlelight vigil (also on Saturday, Dec. 1) at 7 pm on the front steps of the church, located at¬†1701 R Street NW.
DC9¬†(1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Sunday, December 2: Richard Buckner, June Star, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge¬†(915 U Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Elena and Los Fulanos, MIWA Gemini, Linsay Deming, 9:30 pm
- Saturday, December 1: Kohoutek, Junzo Suzuki, Smoke Green, 9 pm
9:30 Club¬†(815 V Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Dark Star Orchestra, 8 pm
- Saturday, December 1:¬†Dark Star Orchestra (second night), 8 pm
- Sunday, December 2: The Gaslight Anthem, 7 pm
Black Cat¬†(1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Tanlines, Supreme Cuts, Alex Minoff, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 1: White Rabbits, Guards, 9 pm
- Friday, November 30: Leela James with Deborah Bond, 8 pm
- Sunday, December 2: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Sunday, December 2: A Drag X-Mas Salute to the Divas, 8 pm
- Friday, November 30: Live music with Tosin Beats, 9 pm