If you have family coming into town this week or next for the holidays, but can’t spare a square foot (of the 600 you have) for Uncle Buzz and his creepy cat, don’t fret. The Borderstan area is full of options for hotels, inns and B&Bs, at all different price points.
Below are just a few choices, all within a stones throw away, so that you can keep your family close – but just not too close – this holiday season.
Borderstan hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts:Â
- The Dupont Circle Hotel, 1500 New Hampshire Avenue NW. This luxury hotel is located right in the circle, making it super convenient for all of your fun-filled family activities. There is also a good bar at the hotel for when you just need to escape your family.
- Beacon Hotel, 1615 Rhode Island Avenue NW. This boutique hotel, right near both Thomas and Logan circles, offers luxurious rooms at a boutique price. The Beacon also has a rooftop bar.
- Hotel Palomar, 2121 P Street NW. Located on P Street, just west of Dupont Circle, this hotel is in a great location for walks to Georgetown, downtown or the Borderstan area.
- Helix Hotel, 1430 Rhode Island Avenue NW. Located a block from 14th Street and all the restaurants and galleries of the area. It is a perfect boutique hotel.
- Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW. Famous for hosting presidential events, this large hotel north of Dupont is perfect for families.
- Hotel Madera, 1310 New Hampshire Avenue NW. Another boutique hotel, Madera offers 82 rooms. Plus,Â Firefly Restaurant is right next door.
- Tabbard Inn, 1739 N Street NW. Great location. Walking distance to the White House and to all the fun of Dupont, Logan and U Street area.
- Topaz Hotel, 1733 N Street NW. With just a short walk to both Dupont and Logan Circles, the Topaz offers a great location.
- Windsor Inn, 1842 16th Street NW. For family and friends looking to stay near the U Street area, the Windsor offers a great option.
- Embassy Inn, 1627 16th Street NW. Smack-dab in the heart of Borderstan, Embassy Inn is in a central location.
- Hotel Rouge, 1315 16th Street NW.Â Hotel RougeÂ is a newly renovated downtown Washington, DC Kimpton hotel
- Holiday Inn, 1501 Rhode Island Avenue NW. This Logan Circle hotel is another great options for families.
- Swann House, 1808 New Hampshire Avenue NW. The Swann house is a historic and charming inn in Dupont Circle.
- Inn at Dupont North, 1620 TÂ Street NW. The Inn at Dupont North offers an intimate option for those wanting to stay near U Street.
- Inn at Dupont South, 1312 19th Street. NW. The Inn at Dupont Circle South is a charming option, next to Levante’s.
- Donovan House, 1155 14th Street NW. A super chic and sleek boutique hotel in Thomas Circle.