From Kent Barnes. Follow him on Twitter @KentBarnes, email him at kent[AT]borderstan.com.
Top Picks for Gifts in the Neighborhood
Here are my top picks for gifts in the area:
- For the yogi in your life, head over to LuluLemonÂ (1461 P Street NW) in Logan Circle where youâ€™ll find a variety of yoga apparel and accessories.Â Normally Iâ€™m a strictly boxers kind of guy, but buy your man a pair of the Game On Boxer Briefs and I promise he wonâ€™t be disappointed.
- Shopping for a runner? Check outÂ Pacers Running StoreÂ (1427 P Street)Â and let the store’s expert staff recommend the perfect pair of shoes.Â And donâ€™t leave without picking up a DC themed running shirt to stuff in the stocking.
- With more DC residents than ever using bicycles to get around town, you might find yourself (or your gift recipient) in the market for some cycling equipment. Local bike shops District Hardware, Rollin Cycles, and The Bike Rack have a variety of bikes, helmets, accessories, and apparel to choose from.
- If your significant other would rather drink beer and watch sports than play them, gift cards are always a fine choice. Treat them to a few rounds at Touchdown or Nellies on U Street, or to Drafting Tableâ€™s new soccer brunch in Logan Circle.
- Finally, if youâ€™re looking to spread a social message along with holiday cheer, the Human Rights Campaign has a store in Dupont Circle (1633 Connecticut Avenue NW) where you can buy training shirts and shorts, or a bicycle jersey.