Christmas Day means a lot of things for a lot of different people.
For some, itâ€™s one day out of the year where it is acceptable to lounge around with family in matching reindeer pajamas while shoving your mouth with cookies and washing all your cheer down with some eggnog.
For others, itâ€™s a day to spend at a church service, or seated around a formal dinner table with a homemade roast as the centerpiece.
And for many, itâ€™s a time to relax. Itâ€™s the one day of the year where offices are closed, and therefore, no one expects you to respond to emails.Â Borderstan wants you to unplug, unwind, relax and eat â€”Â and several neighborhood restaurants are making that possible.
Whether you have family in town and are looking for a way to feed them, or you want to be free of dirty dishes on one of the most relaxing days, there are options on where to grab a meal in, and around, the neighborhood!
Restaurants open on Christmas Day in Borderstan:
- Bistro Bistro, 1727 Connecticut Avenue NW. Â This Dupont Circle spot will offer a special four-course prix fixe menu December 24 and 25 for $24.95 per person. Bistro Bistro will also have festive drink specials all day!
- Buca di Beppo, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW. Buca will be open with itâ€™s regular family-style menu on Christmas Day.
- Levanteâ€™s, 1320 19th Street NW. Levante’s will be open on Christmas Day and is offering a four-course lunch/dinner pre-set menu.
- Sette Osteria, 1666 Connecticut Avenue NW. Sette will be open from 11:30 am to 9 pm and will feature regular brunch, lunch and dinner menus with festive holiday specials and a pre-set menu for $29.95 per person. Sette will also have half-priced wines all day.
Restaurants open on Christmas Day just outside of Borderstan:
- Farmers Fishers Bakers, 3000 K Street NW. The newly opened restaurant will be open during regular hours on Christmas Day, 11:30 am to 10 pm. Sushi will be available from 4 to 10 pm.
- Cure Bar & Bistro, 1000 H Street NW. Cure will serve an appetizer and miniature desserts buffet, as well as a la carte entrĂ©e service.
- The Federalist, 1177 15th Street NW. The downtown restaurant will have a three-course menu featuring a selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Cost is $65 per person ($35 for children 12 and under).
- Sequoia, 3000 K Street NW.Â The Georgetown restaurant will offer its signature brunch buffet from 10 am until 3 pm. Unlimited mimosas, champagne and holiday cocktails are included for $34.95.