Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Pacers’ Jingle all the Way 8K:Â The 9th AnnualÂ PacersÂ JingleÂ All the Way 8K and Kidâ€™s Dash is Sunday, December 9, and this yearâ€™s race benefitsÂ Habitat for Humanity for DC and its efforts to build affordable housingÂ in the District.Â The race begins at 9 am atÂ Freedom Plaza/Pennsylvania Avenue. Registration is $35 and is availableÂ online.
- Candlelight Tours and Carols at Dupontâ€™s Heurich House:Â TheÂ HeurichÂ House MuseumÂ (1307 Â New Hampshire Avenue NW) is offering candlelight tours this weekend, December 7-8. The mansion will be decorated in Victorian-era holiday style and will be open for the tours from 6Â to 9 pm both evenings. Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for children.
- WHAAM SLAM at Busboys and Poets:Â On Friday, December 7, Busboys and Poets will hold a slam contest in honor ofÂ National Gallery of Artâ€™s exhibit â€śLichtenstein: A Retrospective.â€ť The event is from 8 until 10 pm atÂ 2021 14th Street NW.
- DC Metro Food Tours – Little Ethiopia: This weekend’s food tour will take a trip through the heart the Ethiopian enclave in the U Street and Shaw areas. On Saturday, December 8 from 10:30 amÂ –Â 2:00 pm theÂ tour will stop toÂ sample foods from a variety of restaurants. More information is available online.
- MIXTAPE Holiday Party at Black Cat: MIXTAPE will play holiday tunes at Black Cat on Saturday, December 7 fromÂ 9:30 pm until 2:15 am. Tickets are $10. For more information, visit the website.
DC9Â (1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, December 7: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 8: Bad Domes, Mash-Up Dance Party, 10 pm
- Sunday, December 9: Teen Mom, Spirit of Danger, Golden Looks, Teenage Aviation, 8 pm
Velvet LoungeÂ (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, December 7: Let on Vermont, Pluto and the Moon, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 8: Cobalt and the Hired Guns, Molehill, Mooks, Preston Hull, 9 pm
9:30 ClubÂ (815 V Street NW)
- Sunday, December 9: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, 10 pm
Black CatÂ (1811 14th Street NW)
- Sunday, December 9: And I am Not Lying (A Night of Storytelling, Comedy, Burlesque, & Boylesque featuring storytellers fromÂ The MothandÂ This American Life), 8 pm
- Saturday, December 8: Richard Marx, 8 pm
- Sunday, December 9: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Friday, December 7: SEE-I and the Epic 6-Piece Band, 9 pm