If youâ€™re looking for something to do this weekend,Â then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan December 21, 22 and 23.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Fundraiser for Sandy Hook:Â This Friday, December 21, a group will meet at Science Club (1136 19th Street NW) from 5 until 7:30 pm to raise funds forÂ theÂ Newtown Memorial Fund,Â Newtown Youth and Family ServicesÂ and theÂ United Way of Western ConnecticutÂ to helpÂ support the children, parents and community of Newton.
- Go See a 3D Holiday Card:Â Canâ€™t quite seem to get in the holiday mood? If youâ€™re looking to soak up a little extra holiday cheer on your commute home, head on over to the window atÂ Fathom CreativeÂ (1333Â 14thÂ Street NW) to catch sight of a 3D holiday card.
- End of the World Party at Black Cat: It’s time to party like it’s the end of the world. Because it might just be? The Black Cat is throwing an End of the World party on Friday, December 21 with the A.K.’s, the Max Levine Ensemble, the Shirks and Booze Riot. Party starts at 9 pm.
- A Holiday Jazz Jam: The weekly jazz jam atÂ Dahlak Eritrean Restaurant (1771 U St NW) will be holiday themed this week, featuringÂ Monthly Master jazz artistÂ Paul Pieper (guitar), with Peter Runk (keys), TBD (bass) and Alan Kirschenbaum (drums). The show is from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.
DC9Â (1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, December 22:Â 7 Door Sedan,Â Sister XÂ /Â The Love Load, 8:30 pm
Velvet LoungeÂ (915 U Street NW)
- Saturday, December 22: Philip Noss, Owen Danoff, We Were Kings, 7 pm
9:30 ClubÂ (815 V Street NW)
- Saturday, December 22:Â Virginia Coalition’s “Rock-A-Pocalypse,” 8 pm
Black CatÂ (1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, December 21: End of the World Party, 9 pm
- Friday, December 21: Film Screening, Koyaanisqatsi: Life out of Balance, 9:30 pm
- Saturday, December 22: On & On, DJ Autorock, 10 pm
- Friday, December 21: Amel Larrieux, 8 pm
- Sunday, December 23: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Friday, December 21: Os Kuduristas, 7 pm
- Sunday, December 23:Â The Funk Ark plus Sao Funky, 8 pm