We met Danny Shapiro last August at the Dog Days Sidewalk Sale on 14th Street NW. He came by our table and asked whether we’d be interested in a music column for Borderstan. After his first review a week later we knew that Danny was really serious about music. He often attends several concerts/gigs a week and we are fortunate to have his reviews on our site, which are listed below.
Thank you, Danny — we look forward to more of your passionate writing about the local music scene in 2011.
About Danny in his own words: “I’m a music lover and wanderlust at heart, who, in my late 20s, has returned to DC again after a four-year hiatus that brought me around the world and back again. Finally, I’ve found my new home-away-from-home (away from home) at the DC live music venues within the Borderstan area, mostly around 14th and U NW.
“After routinely offering advice to my friends on upcoming shows and reviews of great past ones in conversation, I’ve been grateful to channel my passion into writing for Borderstan. Hopefully, I’ve convinced more readers to venture out to see a new band and even discover a favorite new artist of 2010, based on my suggestions. There’s always a great show to be seen, so get out there and I’ll see you at the gigs!”
2010 Music Reviews from Danny
- Danny’s Live Music Lineup for the Weekend
- Anatomy of a Concert, Act 1: The 9:30 Club
- Danny’s Weekend Picks for Live Music
- Danny’s 4 Nights, 5 Concerts (Part 2)
- 4 Nights, 5 Concerts: 1 Week in Danny’s Life (Part 1)
- On The Lookout: Danny’s Upcoming Must-See Shows
- Danny’s Journey Through Three Unforgettable Concerts
- Music: Danny’s Back with 3 Weekend Picks
- Danny’s 3 Quick Picks for Weekend Live Music
- Weekend Recs: A Live Music Road Map
- Live Music: Recap of a Great 3-Show Weekend