Borderstanians: This message from MPD Chief of Police Cathy Lanier was posted on Yahoo! Groups on Sunday night, January 4. Chief Lanier provides some interesting, helpful statistics on D.C. crime—and she has some good news.
Happy New Years, everyone. Below some facts on where we ended our year with the help of our committed community members. We ended the year with huge victories on crime:
- Violent crime down 5% citywide.
- Biggest crime reduction citywide: MPD’s Fifth District.
- All gun crimes were down by double digits:
- Robberies with guns down 12%.
- Assaults with guns down 14%.