Posted on 09 October 2012.
Holiday Tree pre-sale benefits Ross Elementary School. (Luis Gomez Photos)
From Rachel Nania. Check out her blog, Sear, Simmer & Stir. Follow Nania on Twitter @rnania, email her at rachel[AT]borderstan.com.
The weather is (finally) getting cooler, Halloween candy is spilling off the shelves and, believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner.
The Ross Elementary School PTA is giving you the opportunity to get a head start on that holiday to-do list through its holiday tree pre-sale. Those who pre-order are guaranteed a tree within a certain size range and free delivery. Each year the Ross PTA holds a holiday tree sale to raise funds for the school.
You heard right: No need to tie that tree onto your bike, Zipcar or taxi, because it will be delivered directly to you.
How to Pre-Order Online
- Check out the sizes and prices of available trees (page 2 of the flyer).
- Send an email to RossTreeSale[AT]gmail.com with your name, the delivery address and the preferred delivery dates (December 1, 2, 8 and 9)
- After sending the email reserving a tree, please visit the Ross Elementary website and click on the “Donate” button on the middle of the page and complete your payment.
- All pre-orders end at 5 pm on October 19.
Pre-order sales will also take place at Ross Elementary on Wednesday, October 10, and Wednesday, October 17. On-site sales at Ross (1730 R Street NW) begin Saturday-Sunday, December 1-2, and continue for the following two weekends.
Get an RSS Feed for all Borderstan stories or subscribe to Borderstan’s daily email newsletter.
Posted in News
Posted on 28 November 2011.
The annual Ross School PTA holiday trees sale begins this weekend at 1730 R Street NW. Sales will continue for the following two weekends, unless trees run out. An open house and bake sale are on tap for Saturday, Dec. 3. (Luis Gomez Photos)
If you’re ready to buy your Christmas or holiday tree and wreath, you can get them at Ross School PTA’s annual Holiday Tree Sale. It starts this weekend, Saturday, Dec. 3, and Sunday, Dec. 4.
Trees will also be for sale the following two weekends until Sunday, Dec. 18 — or until the trees are all gone.
Hours are 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and Ross PTA volunteers will deliver the tree to your home. Location is the Ross School playground at 1730 R Street NW. Prices start at $45 and 50% of the price is tax deductible.
Considering how quickly the trees sold out last year, you’ll be wise to buy your tree and wreath this weekend.
Other sponsors of this year’s tree sale are OLD CITY green, BaseCamp and Borderstan.
Ross Open House and Bake Sale
- Ross School is also holding an open house this Saturday, Dec. 3, from 10 am to noon. Stop by, meet the staff and teachers and take a tour.
- In addition, Ross PTA is holding its holiday bake sale this Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm.
UNA Collecting Toiletries for Homeless
In addition, Ross PTA is partnering with the Urban Neighborhood Alliance to collect toiletries for Charlie’s Place. The organization is a support group for the homeless that operates out of St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church at 1830 Connecticut Avenue NW. You can drop off toiletry items at Ross School during holiday tree sale hours.
Posted in News