Good news, Borderstanians. It seems the stepped up police patrols are helping knock down crime, particularly in West Borderstan. Borderstan crime stats for August 2008 (with map) are below, with July numbers for comparison. First, a few observations:
- Look at the July crime map (bottom of this posting) and you will see that a few crimes technically fall outside the Borderstan borders (14th to 16th and P to S Streets NW).
- The most noticeable point on the map is that more crimes are occuring in East Borderstan (part of PSA 307) rather than West Borderstan (PSA 208).
- Crime stats are broken out below.
- Homicide: 0 for both July and August.
- Sex Abuse: 0 for both July and August.
- Robbery Excluding Gun: 1 in July and 2 in August; up 100 percent.
- Robbery With Gun: 1 in July and 0 in August.
- Assault With a Dangerous Weapon (no gun): 0 for both July and August.
- Assault With a Dangerous Weapon (with gun): 0 for both July and August.
- Burglary: 4 in July and 2 in August; down 50 percent.
- Theft from Auto: 18 in July and 7 in August; down 61 percent.
- Stolen Auto: 6 in July and 3 in August; down 50 percent.
- Arson: 0 for both July and August.
Crime Summary, August vs. July 2008
- Total Violent Crime: 2 in August and 2 in July; no change.
- Total Property Crime: 20 in August and 35 in July; down 43 percent.
- Total Crimes: 22 in August and 37 in July; down 41percent.
- July Crimes on the Map: Borderstan and PSA 208
- D.C. crime stats from D.C. MPD
- Search for crime stats for a specific area in D.C.