From Dupont Forum on Yahoo! Groups… here is a look at events this week at the The Historical Society of Washington, DC(HSW).
This Week at The Historical Society
- Wednesday, Oct. 22, noon: “Me and Martha,” traditional folk music of the Shenandoah Valley.
- Saturday, Oct. 25, 1 p.m.: “Create a Halloween Mask,” fun for the family.
- Sunday, Oct. 26, 2:30 p.m.: lecture and discussion, Breena Clarke on her novel, “Stand the Storm,” a story of slavery.
- The HSWS is located at 801 K St. NW at Mt. Vernon Square.
- The HSW is 2 blocks south of the Mount Vernon Square/7th Street-Convention Center Metro Station (Yellow and Green lines) and 2 blocks north of the Gallery Pacel-Chinatown Metro station (Red, Yellow, and Green lines).
- All events are free unless otherwise indicated.
- For more information, call (202) 383-1850 or visit the Historical Society’s Web site.
- The Historical Society has online calendar with a list of events.