The Police Service Area (PSA) 208 held its monthly meeting Tuesday last night, October 21, at the 3rd District headquarters on V Street NW. The meeting was led by Sgt. John MacDonald, PSA 208. Below is a quick summary of the major topics of discussion.
- Lt. Roland Hoyle, PSA 208
- Officer Stephen Fletcher, PSA 208 Community Outreach Officer; E-mail to [email protected]
- Rob Halligan, community safety activist
- Sol Levine, Neighborhood Network 208 Administrator
- Phil Conradt, Senior Engagement Manager, Roam Secure (DC Police Alert system)
- Community members
- Overall crime in PSA 208 was down 9% from the same month last year.
- Overall violent crime in PSA 208 was down 24% from the same moth last year.
- 21 of 39 Robberies in MPD’s Second District took place in PSA 208; 10 of those were in Borderstan.
- Robbery Excluding Gun in PSA 208; 8 took place in Borderstan.
- Robbery with Gun in PSA 208; 2 took place in Borderstan.
Community Outreach Officer
A newly created position, Community Outreach Officer, has been filled by Officer Steven Fletcher. Prior to his police career, he worked in the communication field for a bank. Fletcher is available to answer questions and provide community safety training and education.
The annual High Heel Race this Tuesday, October 28, on 17th Street NW, will have 22 extra officers detailed to help with crowd control.