Mount Vernon Square, 801 K Street NW: The Historical Society of Washington, DC, is housed in this 1902 Beaux-Arts building. It also houses the Kiplinger Research Library and National Music Center.
From Logan Circle News on Yahoo! Groups… a look at what’s happening this week at The Historical Society of Washington, D.C.
- Through December 15: “Riots are the Language of the Unheard,” exploring issues that led to the 1968 riots.
- Through December 15: “Frank Smith: 40 Years Since the Riots,” works from the Black Arts movement.
- Wednesday October 29 at 6:30 p.m.: “The Historic Campaign: Barack Obama in Photos,” book signing and discussion with the authors.
- Saturday November 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: “Day of the Dead Celebration.”
- The Historical Society of Washington, DC, is located at 801 K Street NW at Mount Vernon Square.
- All events are free unless otherwise indicated.
- For more details, visit the Web site at or call (202) 383-1850.