Borderstanians: The following selected crimes occured from late October to late November in Police Service Area (PSA) 208. West Borderstan is part of PSA 208. Report is from the MPD Second District listserv on Yahoo! Groups.
- Theft occurred in the 1000-block of Connecticut Avenue NW on 11/21/2008, 1125 a.m. Citizen reports the suspect, a black male wearing gray sweatpants, was observed on camera concealing women’s clothing and fled the store.
- Theft occurred in the 1500 block of M Street NW between 11/20/2008 (5:30 p.m.) and 11/21/2008 (9 a.m.). Citizen reports the office was entered between the listed dates and times and two computers were stolen.
- Theft occurred in the 1600-block of L Street NW on 11/20/2008 (8:40 a.m.) to 11/21/2008 (6:24 a.m.). Citizen reports that four computers were stolen from the office in an unknown manner.
- Theft occurred in the 1500-block of Connecticut Avenue NW on 11/21/2008 between 4:30 and 5:08 p.m. Citizen reports the listed property was stolen while he was inside the restaurant.
- Theft from auto occurred in the 1700-block of M Street NW on 11/27/2008 between 9:20 a.m. and 12 midnight. Citizen reports the vehicle, a ’95 Mercedes C220 bearing Viginia tags was entered through the unlocked rear door and a laptop computer and assorted makeup was stolen.
- Theft from auto occurred in the 1200-block of 20th Street NW on 11/21/2008 between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Citizen reports the vehicle, a 2004 Jeep SUV bearing Virginia tags was entered by smashing the driver’s rear window and a backpack containing personal papers was stolen.
- Arson occurred in the 2100 block of Connecticut Avenue NW on 10/28/2008 at 11:30 p.m. Citizen reports a small fire was set to the front door of the residence by unknown suspect.