UPDATE at 7:30 p.m.: Am I the only one who doesn’t see the concert on HBO (Comcast channel 3)?
UPDATE at 3:53 p.m.: Well, COMCAST is not providing HBO’s live feed of the concert for free. It was my mistaken understanding they would do so. Hope they show it at 7 tonight. But, the live online feed at HBO.com was great.
If you are heading down to the Inaugural Concert at the Lincoln Memorial, here’s some info from the D.C. Government’s official Inauguration 2009 Web site (below).
Actually, you don’t have to schlep to the Lincoln Memorial because HBO is televising the concert for all cable viewers–you don’t have to be an HBO subscriber. Watch ““We Are One: Opening Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial” live on HBO at 2:30 p.m. or at 7 p.m. tonight.
The line up of mega-stars includes Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen, Bono/U2 and Stevie Wonder. The rest of the lineup is just about as impressive.
- Time: Sunday, January 18… doors open: 8:00 a.m. and event begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Location: The Lincoln Memorial, between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW on 23rd Street NW. The Reflecting pool area, JFK Hockey Fields and Constitution Gardens are open to the public and space will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Admission: This event is free and open to the public.
Public gates open at 8:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- Public Entry A: Constitution Avenue at 19th Street NW (Google Maps)
- Public Entry B: Constitution Avenue at Virginia Avenue (Google Maps)
- Public Entry C: 17th Street at North Elm Walk (Google Maps)
- Public Entry D: 17th Street at South Elm Walk (GoogleMaps)
- Public Entry E: Independence Avenue at the DC War Memorial (Google Maps)
Restricted Items for the Lincoln Memorial grounds for the Inaugural Opening Ceremonies:
- Weapons of any kind
- Supports for signs
- Thermal or Glass containers
- Bags and signs exceeding the size restrictions of 6″ X4″X8″
- Laser Pointers
- Animals other than helper/guide dogs
- Any other items determined to be a potential safety hazard
- Concert information on HBO.
- More information about Inauguration 2009 at Borderstan.com’s “Everything You Need to Know About the Inauguration.”