Here is a list of selected crimes that occured January 23-26 in PSA 208. West Borderstan (west of 15th Street NW) is part of PSA 208, which includes Dupont Circle and parts of Kalorama Circle. Source: MPD 2nd District listserv on Yahoo! Groups
- Robbery occurred in the 1700 b/o Florida Ave. NW on 1/24/2009 1145pm. Citizen reports 3 suspects entered and s1 displayed a weapon and demanded cash. C2 complied and the suspects, 3 black males, fled out the rear door.
- Robbery occurred in the 1600 b/o 19th St. NW on 1/24/2009 245am.Citizen reports 3 black males, all 5’10 to 6′, 160 to 170 lbs., dark complexion, assaulted him and stole his briefcase, cell phone and camera.
- Burglary occurred in the 2200 b/o R St. NW on 1/24/2009 250pm. Citizen reports the suspect, a black male, medium complexion, was observed prying the rear door to a residence and fled on a green mountain bike when he observed the witness watching him.
- Theft occurred in the 1000 b/o Connecticut Ave. NW on 1/23/2009 1030am. Citizen reports the suspects, 2 black males, 5’9, 170- 180 lbs. entered the store and stole to cell phones from the display rack.
- Theft occurred in the 1600 b/o Connecticut Ave. NW on 1/24/2009 120pm. Citizen reports the suspect, a black male, 5′, 140 lbs., with dreads hairstyle stole a cell phone from the display rack and fled.
- Theft occurred in the 1600 b/o Connecticut Ave. NW on 1/24/2009 830pm. Citizen reports the suspects, no description given, stole clothing from the display rack and struck C1 in the face when he attempted to stop them.
- Theft of a Bicycle occurred in the 1800 b/o M St. NW on 1/23/2009 between 210- 4pm. Citizen reports the bike, a Columbia mountain bike, blue in color, was stolen from where it was parked on sidewalk.
- Theft from Auto occurred in the 1500 b/o 18th St. NW between 1/22/2009 8pm and 1/23/2009 7am. Citizen reports the vehicle, a ’07 Jeep SUV bearing Md. tags was entered by smashing the vent window and a backpack, keys, checks and a laptop computer stolen.
- Theft from Auto occurred in the 1300 b/o 18th St. NW between 1/23/2009 6pm and 1/24/2009 2am. Citizen reports the vehicle, a ’03 BMW 252I bearing Va. tags was entered by smashing the front window and a GPS stolen.
- Theft from Auto occurred in the 1600 b/o O St. NW between 1/23/2009 430pm and 1/24/2009 11am. Citizen reports the vehicle, ’01 Ford Explorer bearing Va. tags was entered by smashing the passenger window and a GPS stand and charger stolen.
- Stolen Auto occurred in the 1700 b/o M St. NW between 1/23/2009 11pm and 1/24/2009 1215am. Citizen reports the vehicle, a ’00 Dodge Stratus, 4 door, white in color bearing Florida tags was stolen from where it was parked.