Borderstanians: I received the following news release and accompanying map from MPD Police Service Area (PSA) 208, regarding the recent string of rooftop burglaries in the Dupont Circle area in the 1700 blocks of P, Q, S and T Streets NW.
Contact: Officer Quintin Peterson, (202) 727-4383
February 25, 2009
SECOND DISTRICT BURGLARY SUSPECT(S) SOUGHT
(Washington, DC) — The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying and locating the person or persons responsible for a series of residential burglaries committed in Patrol Service Area (PSA) 208 of the Second District. Laptop computers, cameras, small electronics, jewelry, and other easily transportable objects are the items of choice.
Residents of PSA 208 have been advised to be vigilant, and Second District personnel are actively seeking to apprehend the suspect(s). However, anyone who may have information regarding these burglaries is encouraged to call police at (202) 727-9099 or 1(888) 919-CRIM[E] (1-888-919-2746). Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to DC CRIME SOLVERS at 1-866-411-TIPS and to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. If the information provided by the caller to the Crime Solvers Unit leads to an arrest and indictment, that caller will be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Since December 5, 2008, the Second District has experienced nineteen (19) burglaries and one (1) attempted burglary that involved the suspect(s) gaining access to residences through rooftops. In December 2008, thirteen (13) burglaries and one (1) attempted burglary were committed; in January 2009, two (2) burglaries were committed; and in February 2009, four (4) burglaries were committed. Two (2) of these burglaries occurred on Newport Place, NW on the same day; two (2) occurred on Swann Street, NW on the same day; two (2) burglaries and one (1) attempted burglary occurred on U Street, NW; two (2) occurred on 19th Street, NW; two (2) occurred on S Street, NW; and two (2) occurred in the 1700 block of Q Street, NW.
The most recent burglaries are as follows:
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of T Street, NW some time between 10:00 am on Thursday, January 1, 2009 and 10:00 pm on Thursday, January 8, 2009
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of P Street, NW some time between 8:00 am on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 and 8:00 am on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of S Street, NW some time between 3:15 pm and 7:25 pm on Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of S Street, NW some time between 8:30 am and 4:45 pm on Thursday, February 12, 2009
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of Q Street, NW sometime between Friday, February 13, 2009 and Monday, February 23, 2009
- A burglary was committed in the 1700 block of Q Street, NW at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, February 24, 2009.
METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
Government of the District of Columbia
300 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room 5125