Well, if you plan to attend an ANC 2B/Dupont Circle meeting this year, I would pick the one next Wednesday. On the March 11 agenda are two notable items:
- “Report by the ad hoc Committee on the Dupont East Liquor Moratorium; consideration of proposed resolution on same.” This is the big kahuna and you canfind the committee’s recommendations here.The report presents the committee’s position on the 17th Street liquor license moratorium, which goes to the full ANC. This is a long and old story and I won’t go into the details here, but you can see Borderstan postings here and here. Long-time residents of the neighborhood will understand what the words “17th Street, liquor license moratorium, JRs Bar and Grille, DCCA and ANC 2B” all have in common. Note: ANC Commissioner Jack Jacobson (2B-04) has a posting on his Web site about the committee’s recommendation.
- “Presentation by DDOT on 18th Street Reconstruction project and announcement on 15th Street decision.” Probably nothing too exciting here, but it will be interesting to see if Borderstanians have anything to say about DDOT’s plan to put bicycle lanes on 15th Street NW while leaving traffic one-way north. See the Borderstan posting here.
The full agenda is below. Remember that West Borderstan is part of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 2B/Dupont Circle, while East Borderstan is in ANC 2F/Logan Circle. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the Jewish Community Center at 16th and Q NW.
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2B/Dupont Circle
Regular Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
DC Jewish Community Center, 16th at Q Streets NW
- Call to Order and Introduction of Commissioners
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Announcements
- Public Safety
- Committee Reports
- Report by the ad hoc Committee on the Dupont East Liquor Moratorium; consideration of proposed resolution on same
- Commissioner Reports
- General Presentation by Thanh-Thuy Nguyen, DCRA Vacant Property Manager
- Presentation by DDOT on 18th Street Reconstruction project and announcement on 15th Street decision.
- Presentation by Greater DC Cares on May 1-2, 2009, Serve-a-thon
- Consideration of resolution re: proposed regulations on establishment of historic districts
- Request for Exception from Single Sales Ban, Ben Moll Liquors, 1700 U Street NW (2B08)
- Request for Exception from Single Sales Ban, UMA Inc. t/a Downtown Spirits and Deli, 1552 K St.N.W. Mr. Arun Nair, President, UMA Inc. (2B05)
- Request for Exception from Singles Sales Ban, HYK, t/a Marbi’s, 1730 Rhode Island Ave. N.W. Hna Yang Knack, President, HYK Inc. (2B05)
- Request for Exception from Single Sales Ban, Universal Daruwala LLC t/a Universal Liquors, 2018 Florida Av NW. (2B01)
- Request for new Class “A” liquor license for full service liquor store with tasting endorsement, ACS Liquor Holding Company LLC, t/a 18th Street Wine & Spirits, 1917 18th Street NW (2B08)
- Presentation by Jeffrey Johnson, (Holland and Knight) of an application seeking special exception and variance relief for the Capital Hilton Hotel at 1001 16th St. (2B05)
- Request for Substantial Change for Marriott Residence Suites/Stars’ Restaurant and Bistro, including request to operate sidewalk café until 2am on weeknights, 3am on weekends. 2120 P Street. (2B02)
- Administrative/Financial Matters
- Dupont Circle ANC Policy & Procedures Manual