From DC Alerts… Information on street closures and parking restrictions for St. Patrick’s Day Parade & 8K Race events scheduled for Sunday, March 15…
(Washington, D.C.) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information regarding street closures and parking restrictions for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and the St. Patrick’s Day 8K Race. Both events are scheduled to be held on Sunday, March 15, 2009.
St. Patrick’s Day 8K Race Street Closures
Street closures in some areas will begin as early as 5:30 a.m. and end at approximately noon.
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 3rd and 14th Streets
- Constitution Avenue, NW between 3rd Street and Louisiana Avenue
- Louisiana Avenue, NW between Constitution Avenue and D Street
- D Street between Louisiana Avenue, NW and 1st Street, NE
- 1st Street, NE between C Street and Columbus Circle
- 3rd Street between E Street, SW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- 2nd Street, SW between Independence Avenue and E Street
- 200 block of E Street, SW
- Independence Avenue, SW between 3rd and 7th Streets
St. Patrick’s Day Parade Street Closures
From approximately 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Constitution Avenue, NW between 7th and 17th Streets will be closed to vehicular traffic and parking will be restricted.
- Additionally, streets that intersect the parade route will be closed as the parade passes.