From the MPD 2D listserv on Yahoo! Groups… these two robberies occurred in East Dupont very early on the morning of Saturday, March 28. Please note the night-time street safety tips from MPD posted after the details of the two robberies below the fold.
- 1700-block of Church Street NW, March 28: At approximately 1:10 a.m. a complainant reported he was riding his bike in the 1700-block of Church Street NW, when he was approached by suspects, who demanded his personal belongings, at which time the complainant complied. They fled on foot westbound with money and a cell phone. Suspects described as black males, late teens and wearing dark jeans. One subject was wearing a red coat the other had a gray colored jacket.
- 1600-block of 18th Street NW, March 28: At approximately 1:28 a.m. complainants reported while in the 1600-block of 18th Street NW, he was approached by suspects, pushed on the ground and robbed of wallet with credit cards and identification. They were described as black males, 18 to 25 years of age.
- It is best when traveling in the middle of the night to travel by vehicle or with a group, even if you must walk your dog.
- If you must walk alone in the middle of the night, (which is highly discouraged) we encourage you to carry very little cash, no debit cards, no sentimental or valuable jewelry and a light form of identification that does not include your social security number.
- In neighborhoods, please turn on all extra front yard lights at night.
- If you look outside and see suspicious activity (anything or anyone out of the normal neighborhood routine, report it to police asap.
- Meanwhile, officers here at the Metropolitan Police Department will remain alert and on the lookout for any suspicious people or activity that may lead to criminal behavior.