May 13: ANC 2B Meets; Vacancy in District 2
The May meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 2B / Dupont Circle is this coming Wednesday, May 13, at 7 p.m. at the D.C. Jewish Community Center. Remember that West Borderstan (west of 15th Street) is part of ANC 2B while East Borderstan is part of ANC 2F/Logan Circle.
Note that the commissioner for District 2 resigned and the seat will be filled in the near future; this district is mostly northwest of Dupont Circle and also southeast of the circle. The Borderstan commissioners on ANC 2B are Victor Wexler-District 5 and Jack Jacobson-District 4.
Agenda follows (plus a link to the PDF here).
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2B / Dupont Circle
Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
DC Jewish Community Center, 16th at Q Streets NW
- Call to Order and Introduction of Commissioners
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Announcements
- Introduction of and discussion with DDOT Director Gabe Klein
- Public Safety
- Committee Reports
- Commissioner Reports
- Report on Meeting Space
- Report on ABRA developments
- Setting the date for special election to fill vacancy for SMD 2B02. Introduction of candidates and brief remarks.
- Presentation by Catholic Charities DC
- Presentation by Zach Martin regarding DC Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Agency (DC-HSEMA) upcoming community preparedness sessions.
- Presentation by Rasheed Green and Monisha Alkhoury of Mentors, Inc.
- Consideration of a resolution to join the Pride Parade
- Consideration of Resolution in Support of Permanent Council Legislation to Protect Small Businesses During Public Works Construction Projects
- Consideration of a resolution welcoming the new Director of Parks and Recreation and encouraging Mayor Fenty to appoint additional GLBT community members to the administration.
- Application for DR (beer and wine) license for Johnathan Gourmet Deli, 1120 19th Street NW. (2B06)
- Consideration of request by Bistro, Inc, 1729 Connecticut Ave. NW seeking a stipulated license w/ entertainment endorsement. (2B01).
- Application for renewal of a Class Retailer A license for the following establishments:
- Universal Daruwala, Llc t/a Universal Liquors, 2018 Florida Ave NW (2B01)
- Connecticut Av Wine & Liquors Inc, 1529 Connecticut Ave NW (2B02)
- Grape Finds at Dupont Inc t/a Best Cellars, 1643 Connecticut Ave NW (2B02)
- Kanu Inc t/a 1 West Dupont Circle Wine and Liquors, 2012 P Street NW (2B02)
- VT&B, Inc t/a State Liquors, 2159 P Street NW (2B02)
- Rose Bud Liquors, 1711 17th St., NW (2B04)
- Parki Inc t/a Imperial Liquors, 1050 17th Street NW (2B05)
- UMA Inc t/a Downtown Spirits and Deli, 1522 K Street NW (2B05)
- Lillian Morrison Inc t/a Bell Wine & Liquor, 1821 M Street NW (2B06)
- Prerna, Inc t/a Barmy Wine and Liquors, 1912 L Street NW (2B06)
- S&R Liquors Inc, 1800 I Street NW (2B06)
- Venus Indo Services, Inc t/a Pan Mar Liquors, 1926 I Street NW (2B06)
- Dupont Fine Wine & Spirits Inc, 1325 Connecticut Ave NW (2B07)
- MMGZ Inc t/a Ben Moll Liquors, 1700 U Street NW (2B08)
- Ganducci Inc t/a Martin’s Wine & Spirits, 1919 Florida Ave NW (1C01)
- FKT Enterprises Inc t/a Florida Liquors, 2222 14th St NW (1B04).
- Consideration of Public Space Applications for the following addresses:
- 1 Dupont Circle (2B02)
- 1999 K Street (2B06)
- 900 19th Street (2B06)
- Administrative/Financial Matters
- ANC 2B Policy & Procedures Manual – Version 1.1 and By-law amendment
- Discussion of and possible resolution establishing a working group on the future of 17th Street