The June meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 2B / Dupont Circle is this coming Wednesday, June 10, at 7 p.m. at the D.C. Jewish Community Center. Remember that West Borderstan (west of 15th Street) is part of ANC 2B while East Borderstan is part of ANC 2F/Logan Circle.
Note that the commissioner for District 2 resigned and the seat will be filled at this meeting; this district is mostly northwest of Dupont Circle and also southeast of the circle. Election details are below the fold.
The Borderstan commissioners on ANC 2B are Victor Wexler-District 5 and Jack Jacobson-District 4.
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2B REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
DC Jewish Community Center, 16th at Q Streets NW
- Call to Order and Introduction of Commissioners
- Polls open for Special Election to fill vacancy for SMD 2B02. Polls will be open from 7pm-9pm
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Announcements
- Public Safety
- Committee Reports
- Commissioner Reports
- Representative of ACLU will speak on anti-gang legislation pending before Council.
- Resolution re ANC 2B’s objectives for possible amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and changes in zoning regulations that may affect Dupont Circle
- Discussion of two-part application by Jack’s Restaurant: one: to construct a Summer Garden facing Stead Park and, two: to expand laterally (vertically) to include second floor seating (2B05)
- Discussion of possible request that ABRA carve the west side of the 1400 block of Connecticut Av out of the West Dupont Moratorium Zone. (2B02)
- Resolution to ask DDOT to allow metered parking on the north side of the 2100 block of M Street. (2B06)
- Request for stipulated license (CR) for Zodiac Restaurant Group t/a Scion Restaurant, 2100 P Street NW (Joanne Liu), hoping to open July 1 with license transfer from Cafe Trope. (2B02)
- Request for CT license for Barcode Corporation, t/a Barcode, 1101 17th St NW. (2B05)
- Request for CR license for Capitello, Inc t/a Cities, 1875 I St NW. Includes summer garden and sidewalk cafe. (2B06)
- Request for CR license for Cafe Chopsticks, 1020 19th St NW. (2B06)
- Administrative/Financial Matters