Here are recent crimes of note in Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307 from the past week. Crimes of note are stolen autos, burglaries and violent crimes such as robbries and assaults. West Borderstan (west of 15th NW) is part of PSA 208 while East Borderstan (east of 15th NW) is part of PSA 307. In general, PSA 208 covers the Dupont Circle neighborhood while PSA 307 covers Logan Circle and a bit of Shaw.
- July 11, 1 a.m. Stolen Auto, 1700 B/O 15TH ST NW.
- July 12, 2:15 a.m. Robbery with Force & Violence, 10TH ST NW & M ST NW.
- July 15, 1 p.m. Burglary-Home, 1400 B/O S ST NW.
- July 5, 5:18 p.m. Robbery, 1601 Connecticut Avenue NW.
- July 6, 6 p.m. Stolen Auto, 2100 B/O WARD PL NW (alley).
- July 7, 11:20 p.m. Assault with Intent to Rob, 1700 B/O P ST NW (sidewalk). C-1 reported that 3 subjects attempted to rob him but he ran away from the scene. C-1 tripped while running and S1, 2 and 3 began to kick him and fled the scene. Nothing was obtained.July 8, 11 a.m. Burglary-Home, 1600 B/O SWANN ST NW.
- July 8, 4:15 a.m. Assault with Deadly Weapon, 1400 B/O SWANN ST NW (sidewalk).
- July 9, 1:30 a.m. Assault with Deadly Weapon, 1800 B/O CONNECTICUT AVE NW (drug store).
- July 10, 5:15 p.m., Burglary-Home, 1500 B/O Q ST NW.
- July 10, 2 a.m. Assault with Deadly Weapon, 20TH ST NW & S ST NW (sidewalk).
- July 14, 10:10 a.m. Robbery with Gun of Bank. The UNITED BANK at 1667 K St. N.W. was robbed a 10:10 a.m. today (07-14-09). The suspect entered the bank and passed a note to a teller demanding money. He also opened his coat implying that he was armed with a weapon. The teller complied and the suspect was last seen walking northbound in the 1000 blk. of 17th. St. N.W. The suspect obtained $2,000.00 U.S. Currency which was enclosed in a white envelope. The suspect is described as a Black Male, medium complexion, late 30s, 6’0″-6’2″, 175 lbs. to 190 lbs. and had a goatee. He was wearing a black suit and gray derby style hat.
- July 14, 6:25 p.m. Stolen Auto, 1700 B/O CONNECTICUT AVE NW.
- July 14, 4 a.m. Burglary-Home, 1800 B/O T ST NW.
- July 14, 9:30 p.m., Stolen Auto, 1500 B/O CORCORAN ST NW.
- July 15, 6 p.m., Stolen Auto, 1500 B/O CORCORAN ST NW.