14th St Survey Says: Affordable Food, Please!
As of Tuesday evening, approximately 150 to 200 people had voted in the Borderstan poll, “14th St NW: What Do You Want More Of? This is an approximation as voters could select as many of the 12 choices as desired.
A total of 912 votes were cast for 11 choices plus Other to the question, What kind of stores and businesses do you want more of on the 14th Street NW corridor… between Thomas Circle and Florida Avenue NW? You can pick as many as you want.
My initial read on the results, below, of this very unscientific poll, is that respondents tend to want more food options in the affordable range (lower-priced restaurants and delis) along with places to hang (coffee houses). In addition, people would like to have more general shopping options, including clothing stores.
Noticeably, there was no excitement among respondents to this poll for more furniture stores, art galleries or clubs/lounges.
Here are the results:
- Lower-Priced Restaurants: 17% (155 votes)
- Delis & Food Stores: 16% (150 votes)
- Coffee Houses: 11% (103 votes)
- Apparel Stores: 10% (93 votes)
- General Retail: 10% (89 votes)
- Upper End Restaurants: 9% (79 votes)
- Theaters: 6% (58 votes)
- Clubs & Lounges: 6% (52 votes)
- Art Galleries: 5% (48 votes)
- Furniture & Home Stores: 4% (38 votes)
- Other: 2% (21 votes)