Crime Alert on Wednesday evening:
Police Alert-ROBBERY HOLD UP GUN. ROBBERY HOLD UP GUN 2209 HOURS 14TH AND P STREET NW. LOOKOUT FOR B/M, WHITE SHIRT, JEANS LAST SEEN EASTBOUND ON S STREET FROM 14TH STREET. DO NOT TAKE ACTION. CALL 911 W/EVENT #445297.
Let’s set the stage for this robbery with a gun, shall we?
- Heavily traveled street and neighborhood.
- Lots of people out walking dogs, sitting at outdoor restaurants, going to the grocery store, etc.
- Oodles of expensive condos and houses nearby.
- An area touted by developers, real estate agents and the city itself as “the place to be.”
- People attending the Studio Theatre.
If it isn’t safe to walk at 14th & P NW at 10:09 pm, no place in Borderstan is safe at any time of day. Of course, we figured that out with the daytime armed robbery and scooter jacking on Sunday-Monday on 16th Street NW.
- Note to our elected officials and Chief Lanier: STOP talking about the lower murder rate in DC. Our neighbors are having guns stuck in their guts by thugs. What is your plan? It has been obvious for several years now that the emerging shopping and nightlife corridor on 14th Street is a destination for wanna-be robbers and muggers
- Note to ANC 2B-Dupont and ANC 2F-Logan: When is violent street crime going to become a top priority for you, instead of freaking out about liquor licenses and Real World filming crews? Priorities, perhaps, need to be set?
- Note to the real estate and development lobby in DC: Would you mind putting the pressure on the DC government? You may have more trouble selling the expensive condos in the area if this trend continues.
- Note to the store owners in Borderstan: When are you going to start raising hell and demanding some sort of permanent police presence, perhaps a permanent substation?